Author Topic: Margaret Ulrica Mary Wood (b 1885) - any help please?  (Read 4159 times)

Offline RootsChat

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • RootsChat Administration
    • View Profile
Margaret Ulrica Mary Wood (b 1885) - any help please?
« on: Saturday 27 March 04 17:30 GMT (UK) »
Message from username: Euniceanne on the RootsChatterBox:

Hi, Fairly new to this looking into family history, have hit a problem can anyone help.
My grandmother was a Margaret Ulrica Mary Wood born 7/7/1885 died 15/4/1935 married 6/5/1916 to a George Gale but I cannot find a birth certificate with that name.

I have postcards dated 1905-1915 addressed to a Maggie Warrington. Letters dated 1916-1919 addressed to Mrs Gale (1901 census shows an Ulbrica Warrington.) Fathers name on marriage certificate shows a Benjamin Wood (deceased) Plumber.

So as you can see having a bit of a problem, any ideas.
Many thanks
Euniceanne

Broken Links: Please report to us of any links that no longer work, or ones that are no longer appropriate by clicking the "Report to moderator" link on the message. Thanks! Get Poster

Offline PaulineJ

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re:Margaret Ulrica Mary Wood (b 1885) - any help please?
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 27 March 04 20:29 GMT (UK) »
So ,she is using the name Ubrica Warrington (age 16) in 1901. Is she married or still single?. Is she in a family household, and who is the father (and His Occupation)?

Has the surname Wood come from a marriage certificate?
Have you found any Ubrica /Ulrica Warrington/Wood Born St Pancras in 1891?

Get all your census info first, then look again for the birth.

Pauline

All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/
======================================
We are not a search engine. We are human beings.