Author Topic: Batemans in Gt Amwell - 1841 onwards  (Read 813 times)

Offline Keith Bateman

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • .....The Cheshire Cat
    • View Profile
Batemans in Gt Amwell - 1841 onwards
« on: Monday 03 January 05 17:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi All,

I am still looking for details of William Bateman & Ann Lambert who married in Great Amwell in 1795 - they had 4 children - Thomas b.1798 - William 1801- James 1803 - John 1806.

I can't find the birth of William which should be around 1775 - only one for 1760 in Barkway - I think I have found his death in Ware in 1839 - which says he was 63.

I wonder if the rest of the family are on any census - to see if I can confirm any details.
I have his wedding details from 1795 and was hoping to find more information on that but nothing extra found - if I purchased his death certificate would that give me any help?

I don't seem to have a brick wall more an open space around William!!

Any help - please!!

Cheers

Keith
Bateman - Ware, Herts, London.<br />Partington - Liverpool - Devon - Manchester<br />Foster - Liverpool - Manchester - Scotland<br />Gates - Cumberland - Liverpool - Manchester - Australia<br />Westwood - Ware, Herts<br /><br /><br />"Any information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Has Bouncing Emails

Offline AlgarvePete

• RootsChat Senior
  • Grandad Harry and 3 of my uncles.
    • View Profile
Re: Batemans in Gt Amwell - 1841 onwards
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 04 January 05 04:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi Keith,only found James in Great Amwell,here are the details.
HO107/444/1 Great Amwell
Meeting House End
James Bateman         age 35      bargeman
Mary           "                  30
John          "                   11
Samuel      "                    8
William       "                    7
George       "                   2 months
All born in the county.Ages above 15 rounded up or down to nearest 5.Regards,Pete 8)
Mainly researching the Lees from Herts but also compiling a one name study of Culverhouse

Offline Keith Bateman

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • .....The Cheshire Cat
    • View Profile
Re: Batemans in Gt Amwell - 1841 onwards
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 04 January 05 11:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi Pete,

Thanks for that - it is the correct James - knew George was born in 1841 that now confirms the probable month - also I had 2 children dying young and think this confirms it as they are not on this census.

But still not my William - if I am right about him dying in 1839, I presume his family went to live with the rest of the Bateman "Clan" in Ware as that is the place I find lots of them in later censuses.

Once again many thanks.

Keith

Bateman - Ware, Herts, London.<br />Partington - Liverpool - Devon - Manchester<br />Foster - Liverpool - Manchester - Scotland<br />Gates - Cumberland - Liverpool - Manchester - Australia<br />Westwood - Ware, Herts<br /><br /><br />"Any information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Has Bouncing Emails