Author Topic: Connelly  (Read 6587 times)

Offline anne jane

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Connelly
« on: Sunday 28 March 04 12:19 BST (UK) »
My ggreat grandfather was Patrick Connelly his parents were James Connelly and Sabina McSherry and I believe that they came from Co. Leitrim

Patrick came to Glasgow around the middle 1800's was married twice his first wife was Helen Lennihan second wife Mary Anne McGuigan

Would like to hear from others who maybe researching the same family

Janie McAreavey
meehan, hughes, falloon, mctague, connelly, clark, kazlaukas,johnstone, mcguigan, fenton, mcneil,shaw, thomson

Offline anne

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re:Connelly
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 04 April 04 19:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Janie,i am also researching the name Connelly from Ireland but unfortunatly have very little to go on.My Connelly is Mary she married John Morrison who came from the Isle of Lewis,she was catholic and was born some where around 1840,i have no other info on her.I know she was born somewhere in Ireland,after she married she brought her family up in Haddington which is one of the Berwickshire Parishes,other than that i have no other info on her or her irish ancestors.Can you help.Anne.
Ayrshire,Kennedy,Faulds,Cuthbert,Crawford,Young,Edgar,Bell
Dundee,Nicol,Cant,Kennedy,Jamison,
Dumfrieshire,Wilson,Maxwell,Lammie,Cowan,Young,

Offline anne jane

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 04 April 04 19:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Anne

The only thing that I can suggest is to try and find if she had any children born after 1855 in  Scotland then go on to Scotland's people to look for their birth certificates which should have the date and place of the parents marriage on it.

I don't have access to any of the censuses which cover the area you mentioned perhaps someone on lookups maybe able to help

Sorry i couldn't be of more help to you

Janie
meehan, hughes, falloon, mctague, connelly, clark, kazlaukas,johnstone, mcguigan, fenton, mcneil,shaw, thomson

Offline anne

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 04 April 04 20:07 BST (UK) »
Thankyou janie,i have one of her sons marriage certificate,he was my Grt Grandfather but that only listed his fathers name,i will as you suggest try to get his birth certificate but its a little difficult as i found out he lied about his age when he married so i havent got an exact birth date for him,i will keep you posted as to how i come on.Thankyou again.Anne.

Offline anne jane

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 04 April 04 21:47 BST (UK) »
Anne

Do you live near an LDS centre where you would be able to get access to the bdm entries for the area that you want?

You could also post a message on Scotlands people and hopefully you might get some help there

Let me know how you get on

Janie

Offline anne

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 06 April 04 19:30 BST (UK) »
Thankyou Janie,i was thinking of trying his siblings they couldnt have all lied about their ages.Thankyou again.Anne. :)

Offline Ticker

• User is no longer receiving email notifications.
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Follow me on twitter @ShaunTymon.
    • View Profile
Re: Connelly
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 05 January 05 22:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Janie

Are you doing a One Name Study on the entire family name or are you just after information on particular individuals? 

If the latter is the case I will gladly move the post for you to a more relevant board which may help to generate a response for you.   Please let me have any information on possible locations (County etc.) so I can place it in the right board.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes

Ticker
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Allan McGarrity

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Connelly
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 27 December 20 22:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi Janie,

I know this post was from a long time ago but I noticed you had updated some other posts earlier this year and wondered if you ever found more information about the Connelly's?

James Connelly and Sabina McSherry were my GGG grandparents. Mr GG grandfather was their son, James Connelly, who married Isabella McGill in Glasgow in 1871.

Thanks
Allan