Author Topic: Hannah Maud Holt  (Read 908 times)

Offline Rycroft

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hannah Maud Holt
« on: Monday 07 January 08 16:34 GMT (UK) »
Looking to see if I can find the marriage of Hannah Maud Holt she went to Canada on the following ship

Surname: HoltGiven Name: HannahAge: 9Sex: FNationality: BrDate of Arrival: 1925/10/16
(YYYY/MM/DD)Port of Arrival: QuebecShip: MONTCLARE, Canadian PacificReference: RG76 -
IMMIGRATION, series C-1-aVolume: 1925 volume 15Page Number: 54Microfilm reel: T-1472

I have been lucky enough to obtain that information from a roots chat member, also JJ has provided all the details of Mary Holt's marriage in Toronto. We believe that Hannah went to stay with Mary in 1925.
Hannah Maud was born on February 5th  1916  parents William James Holt and Hannah Jane Holt  nee Evans.
Hope you can help.

Val Wilkinson nee Holt
Kenyon, Bridge, Whalley, Clayton le Moors, Rochdale.  Holt's Pontypridd, Somerset & Dorset. Evans,Hughes & Williams  Pontypridd Carmarthen. Appleby & Parsons  Somerset & Oxford
Currells & Spencers Hall's & Scott  Northumberland, Durham, North Berwickshire, Hawick

Offline Rycroft

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Hannah Maud Holt
« Reply #1 on: Monday 07 January 08 19:20 GMT (UK) »
Just to let you know I seem to have requested quite a bit of work in look ups.

What I would like to say is although I am new to this, I have taken out membership to ancestry uk and I am more than willing to do look ups in the Uk. So rest assured I will be reciprocating in return

Val Wilkinson nee Holt
Kenyon, Bridge, Whalley, Clayton le Moors, Rochdale.  Holt's Pontypridd, Somerset & Dorset. Evans,Hughes & Williams  Pontypridd Carmarthen. Appleby & Parsons  Somerset & Oxford
Currells & Spencers Hall's & Scott  Northumberland, Durham, North Berwickshire, Hawick

Offline waiteohman

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 08 January 08 05:59 GMT (UK) »
Hello Val

I accessed the Globe and Mail, a Toronto newspaper and did not see a marriage announcement before 1950. Maybe someone who has access to the Toronto Star, will take a crack. That is of course, if she stayed and married in Toronto.

Linda
Dorman, Waite, Moore, Clark/Clarke, Neil, Rennie/Rainey, Brown, Mclean, Day, Millar/Miller, Gunion/Gunzion, Thomson, Black, Milvain, McCubbin, Steadman, Kirby

Offline Rycroft

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 08 January 08 07:42 GMT (UK) »
Thank's Linda much appreciated

Val Wilkinson  nee Holt

Offline Rycroft

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 09 January 08 15:22 GMT (UK) »
I wonder if Hanah Maud Holt, was adopted by  Mary E McLeod nee Holt who would have been her aunt. I do believe they settled in the Toronto area. How can I check this any ideas please

Val Wilkinson nee Holt