Author Topic: David Thomas Lookup please  (Read 932 times)

Offline UKfamilyrecords

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
David Thomas Lookup please
« on: Tuesday 04 January 05 17:23 GMT (UK) »
I hope that someone would be kind enough to help me with the following conundrum.

I am trying to find a David William Thomas (particularly his marriage) born circa 1821 at Swansea (died 1889). In 1851 David was living in Merthyr Tydfil with his wife and family:

David Thomas aged 29 Coal Agent born Swansea
Martha Thomas aged 26 born Merthyr Tydfil
Mary Thomas aged 5 born Merthyr Tydfil
John Thomas aged 4 born Swansea
Martha Thomas aged 2 born Merthyr Tydfil
Anne Thomas aged 1 born Merthyr Tydfi

I have the family on the 1861, 1871 and 1881 census also, so I know about the later Thomas family. I also have a birth certificate that gives the name of David's wife as Martha Lewis.

The problem that I now face is trying to find the couples marriage (circa 1846?) as the names are so very common and no matches come up on FreeBMD. Because there are so many David Thomas's, going through the original indexes has been a nightmare! (BTW David Thomas worked as a Clerk/Station Master at Neath for most of his adult life).

If anyone can help I'd be very happy.

Happy New Year.
Michelle

Researching family trees since 1985.
My family: Jackson of Southwark -- West of Brentford -- Adcock of Westminster -- Stevens of Westminster -- Wynes of Gloucestershire -- Randell of Hackney -- Hern of Berkshire -- Soanes of Oxfordshire -- Holman of Totnes -- Avery of North Tawton.

Offline Morganllan

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: David Thomas Lookup please
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 22 January 11 02:14 GMT (UK) »
Hello Michelle  :)

One possible marriage at Swansea in 1845 (March Q)
Swansea volume 26 page 527

Kind Regards
Morgan