Author Topic: Hendley -Middlesex request  (Read 1630 times)

Offline emunro

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Hendley -Middlesex request
« on: Wednesday 09 January 08 13:05 GMT (UK) »
Is there anyone who could possibly look up some details on the 1851 census?
I have just about exhausted all avenues to try and trace the parents of William Louis Hendley born Middlesex 1843.  I have his details from the 1871 census, I have his birth cert. and his marraige cert, but unfortunately cannot trace his parents.  On his marraige cert it states his father as being William John Hendley, Bricklayer. It has been so disappointing not verifying his parents as I have looked for a few years now to no avail.
Hoping some-one out there might find something.  Thanking you in advance.
Liz
(AUS)

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Rosalie Mathilda Jönsson 1916-1999
    • View Profile
Re: Hendley -Middlesex request
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 09 January 08 13:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Liz,

What was his mother's name from his birth cert?

Barbara
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline emunro

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 09 January 08 13:42 GMT (UK) »
Sorry Barbara
It is his sons' birth cert I have.  They have the same name.

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 09 January 08 13:52 GMT (UK) »
I've been going through all variations on the census, and thought I might be able to eliminate some by wives names, never mind will keep looking, haven't found a bricklayer yet

Barbara  :)
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline emunro

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 09 January 08 14:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi Barbara

I thought that maybe Williams' mothers' forename might have been Florence as the name is evident in his daughters' names IE: Linnett Florence and Florence Letitia. The other girls have his wifes' forename.(Emily). It was just a thought but even that has been unsuccessful in my research.

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 09 January 08 14:22 GMT (UK) »
Any clues in the witness names on his marriage cert? Perhaps siblings?

Offline emunro

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 09 January 08 14:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Barbara
Witnesses to his marriage are: Elizabeth Smith( unusual surname LOL) and Arthur Rasiner or Rarmer( not very distinctive handwriting)

Offline kunajas

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 12 December 12 06:38 GMT (UK) »
Hello..You must be in the Western Australian side of the tree..
I'm fairly new to this site, but have been spending quite a while on ancestry.com and others in the past.
William Louis Hendley(1844-1927) is my Gt grandfather, his daughter Florence Leticia Jane, mother to Florence Irene Sowdon my mother.
A few over in the 'east' have been researching back to William Louis Hendley Snr's father...whose name is definitely "William John Hendley".
I have recently obtained a copy of William Louis' marriage cert to Emily Coombes..Did you say you had a birth certificate?
Unfortunately, we are experiencing similar problems trying to confirm more of William John.
You probably already have this pic (posted on 'kunajas' ancestry.com), of Edwin Filmer Sowdon's marriage to Florence Leticia, but I'll attach it here, just in case..You'll find many other pics there, though unfortunately none of William.
I'm not sure how this site operates at this early juncture, hence unsure if I can add a personal email for you.
It appears we are all stymied at this point..My sister joy (joyburton44) is on ancestry searching as well..She's insisting William John was married to Jane Purchase.though, I am not confident without authentication.
If you have any other info or better still, family pics..please don't hestitate to contact me.
Kindest wishes,
Alison Hodgkiss (nee Cockfield), Ballarat, Victoria, Australia :-*
PS..Sorry, I can't get the attachment link to work.. :'(

Offline jennifer c

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Latest bud on my family tree
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 13 December 12 22:40 GMT (UK) »
Occupation on 1843 bapt. looks like Scavinger.

Jennifer
Stevens /Godfrey /Rudgley /Claridge/ Gipson /George /Bliss
Census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk