Author Topic: Address in Drypool  (Read 3377 times)

Offline janeyanne

• RootsChat Member
  • dont put off til tomorrow what you can do today
    • View Profile
Re: Address in Drypool
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 12 August 10 14:57 BST (UK) »
hello  i  have just been to our local library and got out book on holderness rd by mary fowler.  (Third time  i have had it )  she says nornabell was built  about 1875  but  there were more than 4 houses, at least on the godfrey edition of 1908  best regards janey anne .  Going off now for a bit of a read and a walk down memory lane
brigham mcclarren wilson turnbull holborn burns keenan sheridan                                                           areas  Hull , Sproatley ,Withernsea,Gateshead,Middlesex,Southcave

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline HBF

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Address in Drypool
« Reply #10 on: Monday 15 April 19 14:01 BST (UK) »
Hi, My great, great grandfather William King died while staying with his daughter in 1903,
her address was 10 Fredericks Terrace, Nornabel Street, Hull. William's younger brother was
John King, the Australian explorer. He was the only surviving member of the Burke and Wills
infamous expedition. William was also an army man and led a very colourful life.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.