Author Topic: Please help push this brickwall over  (Read 4278 times)

Offline If Only

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Please help push this brickwall over
« on: Friday 11 January 08 15:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi all,

I hope that someone can help to push this brick wall over after many years of trying.

First, to fill in the background…….My Grandparents Patrick and Mary Hickey (nee Graham) had  ten children who as far as I knew all belonged to them, but I only have proof that seven of them were christened in Chapelizod, Co. Dublin, with Mary Graham as their mother.
Very recently I made contact with a cousin who had photos, one of which was of her Great-Grandmother (my Grandmother) O’Byrne…..but it was my Grandmother Mary Graham.
The three children whose birth details I do not know were; Ellen Hickey b. about 1892, Elizabeth Hickey b. about 1894, and Mary Kate b. about 1895.
There first child with Mary Graham as definite mother was Brigid Hickey b. 1898.

Some years ago I had a researcher look for a marriage of Patrick Hickey and Mary Graham, to no avail……She was very thorough and searched from 1887 through 1895.
The following is a list of all the Patrick Hickey marriages that she found.
1887   Q1 Croom, Skibbereen and Dublin south. Q3 Waterford and Kilrush.
1888   Q1 Limerick. Q4 Cashel and Tralee.
1889  Q1 Limerick, Q3 Bailieborough, Q4 Limerick and Naas.
1891  Q1 Cashel, Clogheen and Ennis. Q2 Dungarvan. Q4 Naas.
1893  Q4 Limerick.
1894  Q1 Tipperary. Q3 Rathdown.
1895 Q1 Skull.

In light of my cousin’s information I now think that Patrick may have been married twice and that his first wife (O’Byrne?) had died, and the researcher might have found a Hickey/O’Byrne marriage circa 1890.

Sorry to have been so long winded……basically what I would very much appreciate is if there was somebody going into the Dublin or National Archives if they could check the relevant 1889 and 1891 quarters for a female O’Byrne marriage in thecorresponding areas…..as Patrick was from Edenderry, Co. Offaly, I would plump for Naas as it is the nearest.

Joe

Hickey, Graham (Offaly, Dublin, Scotland)
Maguire, Morgan (Cavan, Dublin, Louth)
Clifton (Kent)
Creasey (sussex
Davis, Judge (Ireland, Dublin, Kildare)
Metcalfe, Pratt (Yorkshire Dales)
Rice (sussex)
Brady (Cavan. Dublin)
Kent (Oxford,Kent, London, Sussex)
Patten (Essex, London, Kent)
Ridg(e)well (Toppesfield, Essex)