Author Topic: Ellingham baptism look up please  (Read 1502 times)

Offline Britkiwi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Ellingham baptism look up please
« on: Monday 14 January 08 00:22 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to find the baptism of Ann Bush at Ellingham, Hampshire, around 1827.  I know her mother was Elizabeth (born 1787) but am looking for her father's name, so I can also find her parent's wedding.

Offline Little Nell

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ellingham baptism look up please
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 15 January 08 12:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Welcome to RootsChat  :)

The only one I can find doesn't fit approximate date of birth by five years which is possibly a bit much.

Anna Bush baptised 8 Sep 1822 Ellingham, parents Francis & Elizabeth

There are a number of Bush families in the general area, lots with a mother Elizabeth.  Do you have any idea of siblings?

Francis Bush married Elizabeth Walker in Ellingham 15 Oct 1815.

A Francis Bush was buried in Ellingham 23 May 1832 aged 52.

Nell
All census information: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Britkiwi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 16 January 08 19:03 GMT (UK) »
Thank you SO much for the information.  That is the right family (as I only had an approximate date of Anna's birth through census information and that is usually pretty unreliable in relation to ages!).  I had been looking for Francis Bush and Elizabeth's wedding so thank you very much for that information!  I did have Francis' death but not his birth which would have been about 1780 but not sure what area he was from.

I did have another child (sibling to Anna) recorded as Charles Bush c. 7.5.1826 at Milford.  I am not sure where Milford is (would it be Milford on Sea?).  If anyone should know of any other siblings, I would be grateful for any other information.

Offline Little Nell

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 16 January 08 19:39 GMT (UK) »
would it be Milford on Sea

Yes, it would, about 12-15 miles away on the coast of the Solent.  I saw that baptism too - it is the only other one that I could find for a child with those parents.

Nell

Offline Britkiwi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 18 January 08 13:09 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for your help.

I also cannot find the birth or christening of Francis Bush about 1780 (seemly born in Ellingham as stated on censuses) or his wife Elizabeth Walker around 1785 - on one census it states she was born in Alderholt, so I am not sure if that comes under Hampshire or Dorset.

We hope to visit Ellingham Church soon.

If anyone can help, it would be appreciated.

Offline Little Nell

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 18 January 08 21:11 GMT (UK) »
Alderholt was originally part of the parish of Cranbourne in Dorset.  It became a separate parish in 1840s.

Unfortunately, I don't have access to the earlier Ellingham registers, so cannot look up Francis for you.  :(

Nell

Offline Britkiwi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 18 January 08 21:13 GMT (UK) »
Well thank you very much for the information you have supplied, and I am sure in the future, I might find Francis' Birth.

Offline goddles1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 25 July 16 11:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Britkiwi,

I have just received your posting in relation to my query about Ellen Bush and I'll reply to that separately.  I then noticed this earlier query from you and wondered whether you  located the birth of Francis Bush in 1780?  I guess you have but if not, I'm certain he was the child of Simon & Anne Bush, and the eldest of their 7 children baptised at Ellingham.  Below are the details I recorded some time ago.

Goddles

Hamps Baps    Francis BUSH   bap  9 Jan 1780    at par of Ellingham   P =  Simon & Anne
Hamps Baps    William BUSH   bap  14 Oct 1781   at par of Ellingham   P =  Simon & -
Hamps Baps    Peter BUSH   bap  14 Dec 1783    at par of Ellingham   P =  Simon & Anne
Hamps Baps    John BUSH      bap  17 Oct 1785    at par of Ellingham   P =  Simon & Anne
Hamps Baps    Hannah BUSH   bap  15 May 1791    at par of Ellingham   P =  Simon & Anne
Hamps Baps    Simon BUSH   bap  27 Jul 1794    at par of Ellingham   P =  Simon & Anne
Hamps Baps    Sarah BUSH   bap  26 Mar 1797    at par of Ellingham   P =  Simon & Ann