Author Topic: 1861 -TATTUMs from BAGILLT, HOLYWELL  (Read 25250 times)

Offline Ninian

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: 1861 -TATTUMs from BAGILLT, HOLYWELL
« Reply #45 on: Thursday 07 October 10 22:42 BST (UK) »
It would be good to have a pic of Ewart.  I'm related to his sister May, she married into my Jones family.  If you are interested, I have her wedding photo taken outside their family home, Coetia Gwyn.  One of her brother's in on one of the photos but I don't know which brother.  You might know?

It might be easier to send via normal email.  Mine is: (*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php
Roberts (Llandanwg, Llanfihangel y traethau, Ffestiniog, Merionydd);  Jones (Bethesda, Caernarfonshire; Llandyfrydog, Angelsey); Jones, Davies (Bagillt, Holywell, Flintshire);  Turner, Bardsley (Ashton, Lancashire);  Fielding (Darley Dale, Derbyshire); Brockelbank (Louth, Lincolnshire); Allen (Ridgmont, Bedfordshire)

Offline chinapanga

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Friday 22 October 10 02:00 BST (UK) »
my wife is decended from Ann Tattum (Father George) who married Thomas Hughes in 1862. They moved across the dee to Ness and Jane their Daughter
Married William Sharps in 1887.
Their Son Thomas Married Frances Hare born in Saundersfoot Pembrokeshire.
Thomas met an unfortunate end in Ness Colliery in  October1914 Thomas Hughes was hit by a full box of coal which was being pushed along a passage in the mine. He suffered severe facial injuries and died six days later
and he left a widow and six children.
I have Filled in  Quite a lot due to your posts but i cannot find the death of
Elizabeth Hughes wife of George born 1808 as there are so many of them.
Gary.
Tattum, Hughes, Sharps, Gorman

Offline Ninian

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Friday 22 October 10 10:41 BST (UK) »
Hello chinapanga

I'm sorry but I haven't got a death or burial for Elizabeth wife of George, but I wonder if you have tried the parish records for St Mary's?  Most of the Tattums seemed to use St Mary's Bagillt and the Flintshire archives has burial records for the church for 1839 - 1944 or p'haps someone else has access to these records and might be able to help. There could well be several Elizabeth Tattums, but the records might record Elizabeth, wife/widow of George and give an address which might narrow it down.

I wonder if you could clear up something for me?  Mary, Ann's sister, was, I think, witness to the marriages of her sisters Margaret and Ann.  I had originally thought that Ann was also a witness to Mary's marriage as an Ann Tattum was a witness - but Ann should have been Ann Hughes when Mary married in 1864, so it can't be your Ann.  Have you come across another Ann Tattum who could have witnessed Mary's marriage?

Regards, Ninian

Roberts (Llandanwg, Llanfihangel y traethau, Ffestiniog, Merionydd);  Jones (Bethesda, Caernarfonshire; Llandyfrydog, Angelsey); Jones, Davies (Bagillt, Holywell, Flintshire);  Turner, Bardsley (Ashton, Lancashire);  Fielding (Darley Dale, Derbyshire); Brockelbank (Louth, Lincolnshire); Allen (Ridgmont, Bedfordshire)

Offline chinapanga

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Friday 22 October 10 13:32 BST (UK) »
Hello Ninian, Thankyou for replying so quick.
Ann Tattum isn't on the 1851 census with George but there is a Ann Tatum
aged 12 working as a servant in mold listed as being born there.
I  think this is a different Ann (probably related in some way).
This is possibly the Ann Tattum that is listed on the 1861 census
in Bangor as a servant born in Mold.
This Ann Tattum goes on to Marry a Thomas Eardley at Bangor in 1862
and relocates to Brymbo.
so she couldn't have been the witness either.
Tattum, Hughes, Sharps, Gorman

Offline nibbs

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Sunday 26 March 17 15:28 BST (UK) »
Hi just had some information on my Tatum's from bagillt John Tatum married Margaret Edwards there children are
  Phoebe 1803
   Harriet 1806
    George 1808_1861
     Francis1809_1865
    William 1813_1872
    Thomas 1815
    John 1816_1826
Phoebe married  john Thomas in 1824 there children are
 Mary 1824
 Margaret 1827
William 1831
Francis 1833
George 1836
Thomas 1839
Edward 1843
Sarah 1847
Phoebe's brother in 1841
George head age 30
Elizabeth age 30
Margaret age 8
Mary age 6
Anne age 4
John
Margaret Phoebe mum age 65
Phoebe's other brother William
William age 25
Catherine his wife
There children
Phoebe age 3
Benjamin age 1
And living next door is
Thomas Tatum age 30
Elizabeth age 30
John age 6
Robert age 4
Margaret age 2
Mary age 2 months or 2 weeks hard to tell this was in 1841
  Phoebe and John Thomas there son Thomas Thomas married Sarah redfern these are my great great grandparents

Wendy
hughes mills redfern thomas price peirce Evans /luke flintshire and turner rochdale turner/miller salt lake city Utah and miller wintersberg germany/stott rochdale /healey rochdale /dyson flint

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Monday 03 April 17 23:08 BST (UK) »
The Ann Tattum(1837) married my relative Thomas Hughes at St Mary's Bagillt in 1862.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Ninian

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Monday 17 April 17 16:38 BST (UK) »
Has anyone managed to track the Tattum family any further back than John and Mary Tattum who had 4 children:  Margaret 1762; Thomas 1764; Elizabeth 1766 and John 1768? Or the birth/baptism or marriage of John and Mary?

Ninian

Offline Rob the Gog

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Monday 05 November 18 18:33 GMT (UK) »
Regarding the use of the name Ashford I can help. My descent is through Selina Ann Tattum born 1868 the daughter of John Tattum and Rebecca Tattum nee Ellis. Rebecca's parents were Jos Ellis and Mary Anne Taylor Hughes. Her mother was Phoebe Ashford Hughes and she was born 1785/6.  Mention is also made in the posts of John Henry Tattum. His name appears on the Bagillt War Memorial  having been killed on 4 October 1917.