Author Topic: 1861 -TATTUMs from BAGILLT, HOLYWELL  (Read 25251 times)

Offline Paul

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: 1861 -TATTUMs from BAGILLT, HOLYWELL
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 15 January 08 17:11 GMT (UK) »
Hello Ninian. Holywell marriage. May 16 1801.
John Tattom(X). Bachelor. O.T.P.
Margaret Edwards(X). Spinster. O.T.P.
Witnesses. Thomas Rowlands. and Catherine Hughes(X).

Born. April 9. baptised April 23. 1808. George Tatum. S/O John & Margaret (Nee Edwards). Bagillt.
Dec 9 1810 - Jan 2 1811. FRANCIS Tatham. S/O John & Margaret. Bagillt
Baptised July 9 1813. William Tatum. S/O John & Margaret. Fathers Occ, Collier. Bagillt.
Baptised Oct 29 1815. Thomas Tattum. S/O John & Margaret. Collier. Bagillt
Burial. Aug 2 1826. Thomas Tatum. Bagillt. age 10 years.

Burial. July 30 1816. John Tatham. Bagillt. age 43 years.

Sep 7 1833.
Francis Tathum(X) Bachelor. O.T.P.
Elizabeth Hughes(X) Spinster. O.T.P.
Witnesses. William Tathum(X) and Sarah Evans(X).

Francis's son Robert?
Burial. Oct 21  1841. Robert Tathum. Bagillt age 4 years.

(X)= did not sign made mark. O.T.P.= Of This Parish.

I'm sure it's all the same Family :)

Not sure what you already have. Let me know if you want any look up's

Paul

Offline Ninian

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 23 January 08 09:48 GMT (UK) »
Hello and thank you Paul

Profuse apologies for not replying sooner.  I'd been hoping to hear from you but I must have unclicked the 'notification of new messages' button so I didn't get an email saying you'd replied .... so I've only just found it!

Oh yes it's the right lot ..... and with John T and Marg. EDWARDS you've got me back a whole generation.  I didn't have any of the info on Births/Bapts/Deaths either ... so thank you so much.

I'll get it all into my database to check that it all fits in - but it looks as if it will.  When I've got it in, may I come back to you re your offer of lookups - or have I missed the boat cos of my tardy reply??  Is the info from Holywell Parish Church records?  I really need to try and get to see them myself sometime as my Jones line is Bagillt/Holywell too and I bet they could help there too.   Are the records only available from the Flintshire Record Office, do you know? I'm at the other end of Wales so it's a bit of a trek up there.

Many thanks

Ninian

Roberts (Llandanwg, Llanfihangel y traethau, Ffestiniog, Merionydd);  Jones (Bethesda, Caernarfonshire; Llandyfrydog, Angelsey); Jones, Davies (Bagillt, Holywell, Flintshire);  Turner, Bardsley (Ashton, Lancashire);  Fielding (Darley Dale, Derbyshire); Brockelbank (Louth, Lincolnshire); Allen (Ridgmont, Bedfordshire)

Offline Paul

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 23 January 08 16:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ninian.

The info is from Holywell Parish Church Registers. Baptisms, Marriages and Burials.

I hope all of the Tattum's were yours.

You haven't missed the boat ::) let me know what you want and I'll have a look :)

Paul

Offline Ninian

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 23 January 08 16:43 GMT (UK) »
Hello Paul

I've remembered to press the notify button - so I got you message. 

Many thanks for your offer, I'll have a look for a couple of things which might be on the Registers (just a few!) and will be back shortly.

Yes ALL the info you sent was the right Tattums - they fitted beautifully with the odd bits and pieces I had. I had no record of Thomas the son who died (at all).

Your info added a couple of new spellings for them, I now have: Tattum/Tatham/Tattam/Tattom/Tatum.  It sounds like a drum rhythm!!

Thanks,   Back soon(ish)

Ninian
Roberts (Llandanwg, Llanfihangel y traethau, Ffestiniog, Merionydd);  Jones (Bethesda, Caernarfonshire; Llandyfrydog, Angelsey); Jones, Davies (Bagillt, Holywell, Flintshire);  Turner, Bardsley (Ashton, Lancashire);  Fielding (Darley Dale, Derbyshire); Brockelbank (Louth, Lincolnshire); Allen (Ridgmont, Bedfordshire)

Offline Ninian

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 23 January 08 17:50 GMT (UK) »
Hello again Paul (probably sooner than you expected!)

I've picked a few of what I hope might be 'findable' records for the Holywell church:

Marriage of Robert Ellis and Margaret (don't know her surname) c 1826

Baptism of their daughter Rebecca Ellis  c. 1838

Baptism of Margaret Jones c 1834  (parents Hugh & Margaret Jones)

Do the records go back far enough to see if there is a Baptism for Margaret Edwards in c. 1776  and  John Tattum I don't know his birthdate but as he married Margaret he was probably roughly the same age(?)

I've just checked when the Bagillt church was consecrated - 1839. So I've concentrated on dates before then as the Tattums might have transferred from the Holywell to the Bagillt church after 1839. 

Even so, it would be good to know if the following are recorded in Holywell (if you could bear to look any more up!):

John Tattum    Baptism c. 1898
Rebecca Ellis   Baptism c. 1904

Their marriage c. 1859

One last query.  Do any Tattums appear in the earlier records, say before c 1800, if the records go back that far.    How far back do the Holywell Records go?

Many thanks for offering to look these up (you don't have to do them all!)

Regards

Ninian

Offline Paul

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 23 January 08 19:28 GMT (UK) »
Well, I did ask ::) ;D ;D

Paul

Offline Ninian

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 23 January 08 19:42 GMT (UK) »
Oh dear - I've over done it!  Sorry.  Pick one, any one an' I'd be more than happy with that.

Please don't try and look for them all.

Ninian

Offline Paul

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 24 January 08 17:13 GMT (UK) »
Hello Ninian.
The only marriage I could see for a Robert Ellis to a Margaret was in Flint.
April 4 1825.
Robert Ellis(X). of Hawarden. Bachelor & Labourer.
Marg't Jones(X). Spinster. of this parish.
Witnesses. Lathem? Ellis(X), Sarah Hughes(X) and John Jones.
I couldn't see baptisms for any of their children in Flint, Bagillt or Holywell.
( No Rebecca 1838)

Holywell Baptisms.
Nov 20 1768. John Tatum S/O. John & Mary.
Aug 14 1786. Margaret Edwards. D/O John & Mary.
The nearest ones I could see to 1776.

Thats what I couldn't find I'll be back soon with what I did :P

Offline Ninian

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Thursday 24 January 08 17:39 GMT (UK) »
Hello Paul

Many thanks.  Well what you "haven't found" was jolly useful!!

I think the Robert Ellis v Margaret could be the right one.  Although she was born in Holywell and he is Halkyn, the earliest address I have for them is Coleshill bach, Holywell ... and Coleshill is, I think, the western end of Flint - so probably there is a good chance it is them ... even though there is no record of their kids being baptised arounds and about.  However, there were nonconformists in that side of the family (later in the 19th C), so its certainly worth me following it up to see if I can try and find them in chapel records. 

Re the John Tattum and Margaret Edwards bapts - either could be right ... but there would be a big difference in their ages.  He would have been 40 when their 1st child was born and she would have been 22 - not impossible by any means.

Looking forward to the next instalment!!

Ninian