Author Topic: Kilronnan Marriage: Welsh/McKay  (Read 4259 times)

Offline fivecrates

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Kilronnan Marriage: Welsh/McKay
« on: Sunday 20 January 08 17:11 GMT (UK) »
I previously posted this in Galway board, but further investigation leads me to think that I may be looking for Kilronan, Roscommon.
Patrick Welsh married Margaret McKay on 1 February 1844(or 1845) Birth certificate of one of their children (born in Scotland) shows they were married on one of the above dates.

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks
 Gerry
Welsh-McMullan,Welsh-McConville,Welsh-McKay,McMullan-McGinn,McMullan-Killen,McConville-Nugent,Nugent-McQuillan,McConville-Robertson,Hughes-McAllister

Offline fitzeireann

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Kilronnan Marriage: Welsh/McKay
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 04 September 08 20:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Gerry, Patrick Welsh & Margaret McKay were married on that date in 1845. They are my Great-Great Grandparents. Patrick & Margaret's son Thomas (my Great-Grandfather)was born at Scotston Row, Eastfield, Rutherglen on the 28th April 1866.

I would be interested in any other information you may have. I'm trying to go back as far as possible.  :)

Many thanks
Linda  ;D
Welsh-Kane, Welsh-McKay, Kane-McBulloch, Sheridan-Mulholland, Sheridan-Feeney

Offline fivecrates

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 06 September 08 14:19 BST (UK) »
Linda,

Great to get your message. Looks like we share the same Gt,Gt GPs. Your Gt GF, Thomas' brother,  John was my Gt.GF. He was born in Coatbridge. Did you know Patrick and Margaret had 10 children. Thomas was the 2nd son to be called Thomas. There was another son (Thomas) born in 1864 who died the same year. Dont know what information you already hold, but happy to share what I've got. I have Margarets parents names but nothing more for Patrick- do have his parents names.

So much to discuss. Linda where do you live/

I am in Glasgow

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Gerry
Welsh-McMullan,Welsh-McConville,Welsh-McKay,McMullan-McGinn,McMullan-Killen,McConville-Nugent,Nugent-McQuillan,McConville-Robertson,Hughes-McAllister

Offline R_M_A_C

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 03 March 19 18:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gerry,

I know this post is many years old, but i believe we both share an ancestor (John Welsh is my second-great grandfather, my great-grandfather was Hugh Welsh). I would love to hear from you if you are still active. I also believe you maybe incorrect, that it was not Co. Roscommon, but Kilronan, Co. Fermanagh. It is a theory as AncestryDNA states that region under my DNA and the "Welsh" variant of walsh is common there but not common outside of Fermangh and Sligo.

Best Regards,

Rene