Author Topic: Michael Donley [Donnelly]  (Read 4438 times)

Offline The Duke

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Michael Donley [Donnelly]
« on: Thursday 24 January 08 15:18 GMT (UK) »
I've been searching a long time for the origins of Michael Donley [also Donnelly/Donelly],who by 1861 was living with his wife Sarah in Hulme,Manchester...he was a Shoemaker/Cordwainer through his life.He died in Crumpsall Workhouse in 1909.I think he may be in the 1851 English Census in Manchester with a brother James Donley and a cousin Mary Meehan.All 3 would seem to have thought their dates of birth were 1830-1835 in Ireland [no county named].When Michael remarried in 1865 in Salford Roman Catholic Cathedral he gave his fathers name as Jordan Donnelly [Occupation..Tailor].In the 1871,1881,1891 and 1901 censuses Michael seem to change his birthplace from Manchester to Ashton under Lyne,randomly,which makes me suspicious he wasn't from either and may be the Michael Donley from Ireland in the 1851 census.His first marriage in England between 1855 and his wife's death in 1863 eludes me.
If anybody has a Jordan Donley[Donnelly] father of a James and Michael Donley [Donnelly]....please contact me...or if anybody has any ideas on how to find them.

Trevor
Hall,Dewhurst,Bamber,Hardiker,Rawcliffe,Cartmell,Newsham,Royles,Wilson,all Fylde,Lancashire
Fletcher,Rowe/Roe,Phipps....Willenhall/Bloxwich/New Invention,Staffordshire
Jepson...Middlewich/Altrincham,Cheshire
Turner,Donley,Tassiker/Tazziker,Abrahams,Makin,Dwyer,Hall,Dawson..Manchester/Salford