Author Topic: Scarrott family  (Read 74258 times)

Offline tiggi

• RootsChat Veteran
  • BETSEY SMITH/ WIFE OF NELSON BUCKLAND
    • View Profile
Re: Scarrott family
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 29 January 08 17:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi Smileyface
right if that is so, how can William marry Jane in 1826 then fanny in 1818 ? if she was second wife ?
sorry not being funny but thats what it says on this person tree on that site that's why I am confused lol
With Fanny he had James 1823 Esau b 1825 Eleanor 1826 Sophia 1830, but then at same time he had Elizabeth with Jane in1826 and Rebecca 1832 ?

TENETT BUCKLAND & PLATO BUCKLAND ( MY LINEAGE)
  Buckland Smith James Stanley Lovell Loveridge Lee Cooper Penfold/Pinfold Orchard Boswell Broadway Wells

AREAS OF INTEREST CORNWALL DEVON

USA   Worton Stanley Joles Cooper  Jeffrey Small
 all English lines of Roms who are found in America

UK Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline tiggi

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 29 January 08 17:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi smileyface
the Elizabeth Scarrott b 1826 we think could be James Smith wife is daughter of William & Jane Brice, not the daughter of William & Margaret this would be their granddaughter
  Buckland Smith James Stanley Lovell Loveridge Lee Cooper Penfold/Pinfold Orchard Boswell Broadway Wells

Offline smileyface471686

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 30 January 08 09:50 GMT (UK) »
William Scarrott married Fanny first in 1818, she died 1822, then he married Jane Brice (also one of my ancestors - scarrotts in Oxfordshire married Brice and Dore, Lainchburys Franklins, they all intermarried) Then he continued having children with Jane (i have no children of Williams with Fanny) I know Mary Wiltshire, she probably got some of the info from me years ago, when you use family tree maker and put in spouse (ie i put in Jane brice first) then discover another spouse later  you add spouse and on my tree it comes up Jane as spouse 1 and fanny as spouse 2. I sent mary reports years ago and if she has used them - it would come up as Jane spouse 1 and fanny spouse 2 regardless of the order he married them in. Hope that stops confusion. Well I hope James married that Eliza Scarrott. Does anyone have them on census? So the marriage on the igi of James and Eliza 1831 Ipstones cant be Eliza dau of William and Jane. I live in hope of finding Rhoda Smith amongst them somewhere.Also found this:-
James Smith and Eliza had an Affiance 8/11/1835 Blackbourton Oxon, so thats not Eliza Scarrott born 1826, but might tie into the James Smith tree as he had sister Defiance. Could this be the Fiance who someone posted that married Robert Penfold and she died in 1863, they didnt give a birth date. If this is the right James Smith Eliza then it rules out Eliza born 1826

BRINKLEY SCARROTT LOVERIDGE SHAW HALFORD HAYNES SMITHS from sussex SMITHS from Oxon and surrounds COOPER LEE JAMES

Offline smileyface471686

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 30 January 08 09:51 GMT (UK) »
Forgot to add also researching Buckland and Penfolds (they married into my Brinkleys)

Offline smileyface471686

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 30 January 08 09:52 GMT (UK) »
GOLBY WILLOUGHBY ARNOLD (sorry keep remembering more of them)

Offline matilda1973

• RootsChat Senior
  • nipton and his daughters Cinderella and amelia
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 30 January 08 12:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Smiley face
                              what children do you have for William and Jane/Fanny? 
           how do you link in with the loveridges? if you dont mind me asking
                               Matilda ;)
travellers: Penfold, Holland, Orchard, Loveridge, saunders, James, Davis<br />Somerset/devon: Hawkins, Lane, Perryman, Saffin, Bowden, Warren<br />Yorkshire/Lincolnshire: Webster, Gleadell, Gott, Patrick, Milnes, Beverley

Offline tiggi

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 30 January 08 12:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi smileyface
Thanks for sorting that I understand now William married Fanny  Boseley  1st 1818
 Then Jane Brice 2nd 1826
I know this sounds maybe silly but can we prove these marriage dates and do you know if for certain Fanny had no child ?

I have that William & Jane had these children :
Elizabeth b 1826
 Caroline married William Orchard (1843 Chipping norton Oxfordshire)
Rebecca b 1832
William ?
Susan married Joseph Orchard (1842 chipping norton Oxfordshire)
James ?

Regarding James Smith children :
It seems now I am being told by another relation that Defiance ( Fiance) & Louise were his daughters not sisters

So children to James Smith would be :
 1 Fiance  b 1835  married William ( old bob ) Penfold
had William married Jenty Buckland
       James married Sophia Buckland
       Selina married Joshua Buckland
Buckland father Plato

2 Louise  b ? lived with William Penfold after Fiance died
They had Harriet  b 1865 married Henry Buckland
Buckland father Tenet

3 Selina b 1844 married Henry James
father Samuel James

4 Harriet b 1847 married Robert Lee
 Father William Lee

5 William b 1849 married Caroline Smitheram

6 Peggy b 1853 married Joseph Orchard
Parents Joseph Orchard Caroline Scarrott

7 Betsey b 1854 ( Elizabeth) married Nelson Buckland
father Tenet Buckland

8 Britannia b 1855 ( never married

I agree that if Fiance was born 1835
Then its impossible for Elizabeth Scarrott ( daughter to William & Jane) born 1826 to be the mother
But if Fanny had a child lets say called Eliza or Elizabeth before she died that child would be born 1818/19 and then if she married James Smith she would have been 16/17 which then makes it possible for her to be fiance mother

So I am wondering if the birth date for said Elizabeth is wrong or is there another child ?
 If we look at names in family they all match descents there has to be a link or logical answer to this
I know through searching my own Buckland family that birth dates vary greatly and it can get very confusing

There has to be some true here Smiley about James & Elizabeth as this is coming from relation not internet ( this person isn;t even on a PC)

My other bug bare is Tenet daughter Edith marrying a Wisdom Smith 1872 on marriage says father John Smith
( Hawker)
Witness Plato Buckland  & Louise Smith no one could write so could it be John is actually James ?
This would then tie in Louise as his daughter and Wisdom her brother makes sense Fiance would be dead by now so she is next eldest child Wisdom was born in  abt 1841
We then have 2 Smith children Wisdom & Betsey marrying 2 Buckland children  Nelson & Edith  

The only Census found was by my cousin Colleen in 1861 Smith family in Torquay  Devon listed as family not in houses but only surname given but a large family I can find it if you want to look and send it to you.

Regarding Rhoda Smith am I right in thinking she married Theophilus Scarrott 1862 ?

This family is doing my brain in lol hope we can solve this would really like to know if I am right or wrong about it all

Offline tiggi

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 30 January 08 14:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I have found marriage for Fiance

Fiance Smith married in 1854 Jul/Aug/Sept Tiverton Devon to
Robert Penfall 5b 689

No wonder it was hard to find his name wasn;t down as Penfold
Maybe worth getting this one to clear up who her father was

Offline matilda1973

• RootsChat Senior
  • nipton and his daughters Cinderella and amelia
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 30 January 08 14:29 GMT (UK) »

well done finding it would be good to see if it had an age on it too
             Matilda ;)
travellers: Penfold, Holland, Orchard, Loveridge, saunders, James, Davis<br />Somerset/devon: Hawkins, Lane, Perryman, Saffin, Bowden, Warren<br />Yorkshire/Lincolnshire: Webster, Gleadell, Gott, Patrick, Milnes, Beverley