Author Topic: Here's a curly one! "completed- thank you"  (Read 4649 times)

Offline nahbois

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Here's a curly one! "completed- thank you"
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 19 November 20 23:46 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
I am speaking with my cousin before making sure I send through the correct information for you.
Nicolas Joseph had two sons as far we know.  John Francis Nicolas Joseph and Lambert Buonaventure Gauron.  We could not find where they were born and thought around the 1760 mark.  We have not been able to find any info on Nicolas Joseph's father.   Yes, Gauron has been written incorrectly right through the records.   When I first started looking it was thought Nicolas and Joseph were brothers. Then it turned out they were one person, Nicolas Joseph Francois Gauron.   Will be back on contact with you soon.   So good to hear from you.
Susan
Webb - Wiltshire/Kent
Harris/Prince - Wiltshire
Taylor - Islington/Essex
Bull - Shoreditch/ Essex
Anderson - Ireland/Buckinghamshire
Gauron - London/France

Offline nahbois

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 21 November 20 00:41 GMT (UK) »
Hello again,
We are convinced that the son Nicolas/Nicholas was John Francois Joseph Nicolas Gauron. His father being Nicolas Joseph Francois Gauron. There was a second Son. Lambert Buonaventure Gauron.
Christian names were mixed around quite a lot it seems.  Nicolas Joseph Francois Gauron was often referred to as Nicolas Francois Gauron.  We cant find any info on the birth of Nicolas Joseph Francois in 1736 but believe his grandfather to have been Nicolas Gauron(possibly with same middle names)He married Marguerite Ramboult in Rue Mon Marche 2nd March 1710.  Sorry, my French is bad! Is it possible for you to check out this marriage for us please?
John Francois Nicolas Gauron won a prize of five guineas from the London Society of the Arts for a model made from wax. Participants had to be under 21 years of age. This was in 1775. He then became an Engraver (including official making of Seals) He married twice and died in St. Pancras London in May 1822. He is my third great grandfather.
Lambert was also a Seal Engraver.  Merlin's Cave was a Tea House off Black Mary's Hole Road and Kings Row, London. He married a Caroline and had seven children, one named Lambert Nicolas Gauron who suffered from poor site but was a watch guard maker. Lambert B died in St. James, Clerkenwell London in Jan 1823.
Webb - Wiltshire/Kent
Taylor - Islington/Essex
Bull - Shoreditch/ Essex
Gauron - London/France

Offline Clarsh607

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 03 December 20 19:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I could check the Gauron's marriage for you but I need more informations about the location. About the street name, is it a translation you did ? I can't find it and I need the city or borough to know where to send an e-mail to the archives. They aren't online or centralised before 1860.
I may have found Caroline Guéry's family (I'm not sure about it, didn't send them an e-mail yet). She was "my" Gauron's wife (the 1736 guy) if you are interested in ?

Offline nahbois

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 04 December 20 02:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi, contacted cousin in Canberra again....this is her reply. His name was written as Nicholas Garnon, maitre-sculpteur a Paris, living at Rue Montmartre, Paris married 2 March 1710 to Marguerite Raimbault. Also if there were any children born to them.  My cousin thinks he could be the grandfather of our Nicholas Joseph Francois Gauron born 1736 in Paris.  Any info on Caroline Guery would be wonderful as we think she married at possibly 14!
If we can help you with any more info please let us know.
Many thanks and good luck, Susan
Webb - Wiltshire/Kent
Taylor - Islington/Essex
Bull - Shoreditch/ Essex
Gauron - London/France