Author Topic: Locating a Grave in Huddersfield  (Read 29870 times)

Offline sandyjose

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Locating a Grave in Huddersfield
« Reply #63 on: Monday 18 April 16 23:50 BST (UK) »
I'm still no nearer finding Edmond Wear's burial place.His death certificate doesn't help.There was a notice in the Huddersfield paper to say that he had died but nothing about his funeral.
  Deceased on Line are doing graveyards in West Yorkshire,so,"maybe" they will come across him.
  Every so often I look at all the sites with burials to see if he's appeared so far nothing.If I don't find anything in a few months,I will pay the £30 and see what they come up with.
 This is the last ancestor that I don't know where he is buried,I've found all the rest so I'll find him however long it takes

Offline J.R.Ellam

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Tuesday 19 April 16 08:44 BST (UK) »
Hi

I have had a look at the registers but no sign.
Everything points toward him being buried in Huddersfield Edgerton Cemetery and just had a thought for a long shot. If he was missed off the main register he could be in the grave register books, these are still with the Council and I don't know if the public can look at them.
I would look in the main registers, (consecrated and unconsecrated) at the time of the death and see which public graves where being used and get the section and grave numbers and then have a look at the grave book and that should have the people buried in that grave.

Very long shot.
John
Ellam, Mills, Ellins
Firth, Wood, Muffitt
Hill, Mattinson, Nicholson
Morrey, Hudson, Limb

Offline sandyjose

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Tuesday 19 April 16 18:37 BST (UK) »
 hi John,I contacted someone,I think,it was the council,they said that he's not in Edgerton but as you say if he's in a comunal grave maybe all the people aren't listed in the normal lists. I'll go back to the lady who looked before and make that suggestion to he.
  It would be great if you're right,thanks for the suggestion,I'll let you know what happens.
   Susan

Offline sandyjose

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Friday 22 April 16 23:25 BST (UK) »

ve contacted the council and asked about any graves with many occupants so see what they say. I think I mentioned that,Deceased on Line are releasing records of West Yorkshire. So far,Edmund's not in the records.I tried different spellings of Wear,but still no luck.
   If I get any news will be in touch.

Offline Tra La La

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Saturday 23 April 16 22:27 BST (UK) »
The Dick Eastman (free) newsletter today listed the three Calderdale cemeteries that Deceased Online have added.  They are Rastrick, Luddenden and Elland cemeteries.
I imagine that Bentley Shaw of Lockwood had the grapes grown for his own use.  Many wealthy men like him had their own vinery and conservatory.

Offline sandyjose

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Saturday 23 April 16 22:49 BST (UK) »

Someone,can't remember who,said that they didn't think it was my Edmund that was involved in stealing the grapes.I don't know makes no difference,I'll see if I can find who said that and let you know. I can't imagine what he would want with a bunch of grapes!!!

Offline sandyjose

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Tuesday 31 January 17 00:47 GMT (UK) »
 It's now January 2017 and I'm still no nearer finding the burial place of my of my grt grt grandad Edmund Wear.He has to be buried SOMEWHERE.I just don't know where to look any more.

Offline Vivixster

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Sunday 19 March 17 22:13 GMT (UK) »
Job is also my g g grandfather. He had an impressive stone in Lockwood cemetery which I can no longer find so presume the council has got rid of it. I do have a pic though if interested
Vicky 

Offline sandyjose

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Monday 20 March 17 15:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Vicky
   I'm a bit confused,you say that Job was your great x2 grandfather,mine was Edmund I don't get the conection.
                    Susan