Author Topic: muller family  (Read 22641 times)

Offline eeyores4me

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: muller family
« Reply #63 on: Friday 14 May 10 15:58 BST (UK) »
have you really got that ?? WOW yes please thats so kind of you thanks
Guttentag Keen Kemp Knight Miller Muller Rose Weinberg Weisberg

Offline polarbear

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Friday 14 May 10 18:00 BST (UK) »
Hi again,

I am going to send the inscription by PM b/c there are some comments that may relate to living people.

Polarbear
We search for information but it is up to the thread owner to verify that it is correct.

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Friday 03 October 14 01:05 BST (UK) »
Once again congrats to all who worked on this old home children thread

Photos of the children have been posted here:
http://magazine.familytreeforum.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&catid=5:august-2010&id=84:barnardo-children-ancestors
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline eeyores4me

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Friday 03 October 14 21:21 BST (UK) »
yes thanks everybody for all your help

I have all info on them now including their burials

Both girls were placed with families in the same street as domestics, Daisy at 551 Lansdowne Avenue, Montreal with Thomas Hutchinson, a farmer, and his family, and Rose at number 542 with William Campbell and family.

Rose married Daniel J Bremner, a lumberman, on 22nd November 1909 in Quebec. He had been born there on 4th March 1879. They had at least two children, both born in Quebec, Rose Eileen on 15th October 1910 and Mildred Georgina on 8th June 1916. Daniel died on 10th September 1935 in the Montreal General Hospital. Rose died at the grand old age of over 101 on 9th December 1989 at Manoir Trinité Centre D’Accueil, Longueuil, Quebec. Both Daniel and Rose are buried at The Hawthorn-Dale Cemetery in Montreal.

Daisy married Lewis Wilbrod Larin, a salesman, on 14th August 1926 in Montreal, Pointe-St-Charles (Presbyterian Saint Mathew), Quebec, and died 27th July 1956 at Putnam Memorial Hospital, Bennington, Vermont.

I understand from a surviving aunt that the children corresponded with their family in England for some time.

I am also lucky enough to have obtained these photos of the girls on admission to Doctor Barnado’s.

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Saturday 04 October 14 00:06 BST (UK) »
I thought that you meant you had all info from what had been found up to and until their deaths...
Did you ever have contact with some descendants? Still a chance they might find your queries one day. Looked for them 1921 to see if there are more children with them
Dan & Rose lived at 55 Cadillac according to directories before during and after the 1921 census...
But they must be really badly transcribed or written as can't spot them

adding: found them transcribed as BRANANAR ( looks to be Bramnar)  in Mercier and Maisonneuve Ward, used no surname, keyword Cadillac ...the census says he was at 58 Cadillac, (and for some reason also says he & his parents were born Ontario...so exact search for Que. didn't help :D) Dan 42    Rose 20   Aline 10  Meldred 5
http://www.rootschat.com/links/01agf/
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Saturday 04 October 14 04:38 BST (UK) »
You hadn't mentioned this, so am posting:
Rose Eileen Bremner and Rolland Goulet Married in 1941 in Montréal, Quebec

She died Jan. 11 2007...  descendants named but I won't list them as they are likely living
http://www.federationgenealogie.qc.ca/avisdeces/avis/pdf?id=268504

Goulet (nee Bremner), Eileen 1910-2007 At the Visitor Centre Marcelle Ferron Brossard, January 11, 2007, at the age of 96 years, Goulet Eileen (nee Bremner), wife of the late Roland Goulet. She is survived by her son R. Goulet (R. Duchesneau) grandchildren R.  (E Seguin) and T., his great grandson R. Goulet , sister Mildred (the late Gaston Pillette) several nieces and nephews and other relatives and friends.

sister Mildred (the late Gaston Pillette) must mean the husband of Mildred, who has passed on...

Not sure if this might be his marker, Mount Royal Cemetery, no age or birth date given
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=109044819&ref=acom

1921 shows a Gaston Pilette in Mercier and Maisonneuve Ward
Adrien Pilette 37, Aline Pilette 32 childrenGerard 11, Gaston 9, Antonio 2, Thérèse 6

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Saturday 04 October 14 05:39 BST (UK) »
A memorial written for Gaston's mother Aline shows wife as Mildred, names a son, his wife and their two children
http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1946&dat=19800430&id=khQyAAAAIBAJ&sjid=aaQFAAAAIBAJ&pg=1136,5224172

And yes Gaston Raymond Pilette was the husband of Mildred, who now has three grandchildren in 1984
http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1946&dat=19841108&id=EEUwAAAAIBAJ&sjid=paUFAAAAIBAJ&pg=3602,4833457

Offline eeyores4me

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Saturday 04 October 14 19:00 BST (UK) »
thanks so much JJ for all that extra info ,I did try and contact Rose Mullers Grandson but he did not want to know sadly, :'( maybe I will try one of the other relatives you have found now thanks again. :)