Author Topic: Daniel Sullivan a Shoemaker from Bantry  (Read 4979 times)

Offline hjmcs

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Daniel Sullivan a Shoemaker from Bantry
« Reply #9 on: Monday 28 September 09 23:32 BST (UK) »
Hi.  I have Sullivan ancestor in Bantry (Eugene, married to a Hanorah Connor) in 1862. He was a laborer, don't know the trade.  Had a son, born 1863, named Daniel.  Also likely Eugene's father was Daniel.

Do you have any other specific information on locations or collateral relatives.  Eugene either left Ireland or died sometime before 1888.  His third son came to the US.  We are the descendants.  Have full information on Eugene and Hanorah's family, dates places of birth.  But don't know what became of several of them.

Tx

Marge S

Offline RoryT

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 09 October 09 15:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Marge,
My Daniel was born in 1856 and his son Daniel was born on 27 Jul 1878. There was also a daughter named Honora (my Ggrandmother) who was born on 05 Jul 1881.  It doesn't look as if they're the same family as yours. I have come across several Daniel Sullivans living in Bantry during my searches, it seems to be a very popular name.

Rory
Talbot (Kildare/Dublin), Peppard (Wicklow/Carlow/Dublin), Gilman(Carrick-on-Suir), Gaffney, Spooner, Kavanagh, Foley (Kerry/Cork), Sullivan (Cork), Torbet (Edinburgh), Hennessey (Carrick-on-Suir)

Offline hjmcs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 13 October 09 03:30 BST (UK) »
Alas, I know.  Hoping to narrow things down a bit by finding a Daniel born in vicinity of Ballylickey, Bantry or Pearson's Bridge between 1862-1864. Father was Eugene and mother Hanorah (maiden name Connor).  Daniel's grandfather was possibly Daniel as well.

I don't have any information on trade unfortunately, however, the family obviously survived the famine.  Eugene and Hanorah both likely born in late 1830s, early 1840s, presumably in the same part of Bantry, Kilmocomogue parish

Thanks for your reply.

marge

Offline abtomjack

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 07 September 18 17:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Marge.. I hope you get this.
My G grandfather's name was Daniel Sullivan. I think he was born in Bantry, Cork but I'm not positive. His oldest son's name was Eugene, so I believe his father was Eugene. He had a brother named Patrick... his only son was also named Eugene. Both Daniel and Patrick immigrated to the US and lived in New Jersey. Daniel married a Hannah Nolan also from Cork, I think... and Patrick married Helen Monahan.
If you have any information please get back to me. I'm going to Ireland next week and I'm looking  for where he came from.
Thanks very much!
Nancy S.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 07 September 18 17:40 BST (UK) »
Eugene might be one of these...

Church Baptism, Marriage and Burial results for Eugene Sullivan
Area - CORK & ROSS (RC)   http://www.rootschat.com/links/01mo3/
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.