Author Topic: BANISTER/BANNISTER family - NSW  (Read 16916 times)

Offline Banoii

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Bano - NSW Australia
    • View Profile
Re: BANISTER/BANNISTER family - NSW
« Reply #18 on: Monday 10 January 11 23:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi Erin
Glad you posted yes I do have information on Henry Bnaister as he is my great great Grand father and Sarah Banister being my GGGrandmother so somewhere along the line we are cousins lol.
I do have a photo copy of Henry's Death Certificate not clear but you can make it out.
The Second name of Henry Im still never learnt so not sure about the B as nothing on Death Certificate.
As for the Kennedys the a quite a few different lines that came from Tipperray that I have found.  There doesn't seem to be (Hey but I could be wrong) a connection along that line.  Hope this may be of a help.  have a bit of info on your family line so which of Lucy's line are youe are descentant of,  Ive only gone as far as Lusy's children but would like to know more for research.
Great to hear from you and hope you will post again ;)
Scott
Tracing of Kennedy family Tree in Australia and also in
Ireland (esp Tipperarry and Waterford Co)

Offline erinsullivan

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 11 January 11 00:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi Scott,
The Kennedys are everywhere - but not the ones I am looking for!! Like you.
I have an ANDERSON tree on Ancestry(private as it is WIP). My grandfather Anderson went to OZ in 1908 from Waterford but his mother had already been in OZ since 1888. Her mother was Connolly from Tipperary(Ballypatrick). Her Aunt Ellen Connolly married Rody Kennedy Tipp) in Melbourne.

My granfather, John Anderson married Violet Pearce, whose father was John PEARCE. ( it took 2 years and a lot of luck to find out who he really was). He is the son of Lucy BANNISTER , born 1865 Goulburn the year before she married Jean BETTINI. Baptised John P(ierce) Bannister & mother Lucy Bannister (no father). He always named  mother as Lucy BELL & father John PEARCE (this was fictional) . I think that he was kept close to the Bettini family though. When he dies his wife Maragaret married his nephew (son of Catherine Bettini his half sister). Margaret was a NOBLE (father Francois NOBLE from France) born Moruya. All ended up in Charters Towers and Townsville. I am guessing there was some other links in the families - yet to be discovered.

If you know anything about Sarah Bannisters life then she had 4 partners/poss husbands. It is all so complicated. Your Henry B was allegedly born "Henry Bannister PEARCE". Have you heard this? I cannot find a record of his birth. Story goes he dropped the PEARCE as he did not like his father? I can't find any version of his name YET. His marriage record also has Henry B PEARCE m Venena Pennington in Moruya (Does that match your Henry?) BUT his death record shows him as Henry Banister with wife Venina Penning . So the story looks right.

Can't wait to hear what you have on the family. I continue to struggle to find where Sarah B was actually from and how many children she actually has with which names and what is fact and what is "fiction".

I am sure I have confused you but post back to see what we both have . We are cousins I guess (Ancestry tells me you are my 3rd cousin). Are you in QLD ? Are you ok with the flooding? I am from Townsville but living in the UK so have the ice & snow instead.

Look forward to hearing from you
Erin
Cowell, Hoener, Frazier, Christopher, Dyer, Cheshire

Offline Banoii

• RootsChat Extra
  • Bano - NSW Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 11 January 11 01:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi Erin.
Just wanted to know wether you are on Facebook.  Quite a few Erin Sullivans. 

Offline erinsullivan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 11 January 11 08:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi Scott,
No I am not on facebook. I will send you an Ancestry invite (costs you nothing) and you can have a look at my tree (only partial so far) and I will give you my email address if you would like to chat family.

Erin
Cowell, Hoener, Frazier, Christopher, Dyer, Cheshire

Offline Banoii

• RootsChat Extra
  • Bano - NSW Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 11 January 11 10:04 GMT (UK) »
Erin
That would be great.  I actually have a family tree set up in Gene Reunited.  If you want to see.  It has both the Banister line and the Kennedy line so you can see if there is a connection side at al.

By the way did you get the cioy of Henry's Deacth Certificate?

Scott

Offline cackyd60

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 24 February 12 19:19 GMT (UK) »
My Grandmother Emma Bannister had a brother named James or Jim who emigrated to Australia from London possibly around 1927, but he came back for a visit in the 1960's their parents were George Bannister c1869-1944 and Emma Croucher c1866-1934 whose parents were Amos Bannister c1827-1905 and Ann Ball c1831. The family originated from St Neots Bedfordshire.  George Married Emma Croucher in 1889

Pictures are  1, of George Bannister  2, Emma Bannister 3, Clara Emma Bannister

Offline AJLAMERS85

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 25 July 12 02:52 BST (UK) »
My Grandmother Emma Bannister had a brother named James or Jim who emigrated to Australia from London possibly around 1927, but he came back for a visit in the 1960's their parents were George Bannister c1869-1944 and Emma Croucher c1866-1934 whose parents were Amos Bannister c1827-1905 and Ann Ball c1831. The family originated from St Neots Bedfordshire.  George Married Emma Croucher in 1889

Hi my names Aaron,

I am a distant relative of a Amos Bannister (farm Labourer) and Ann Ball (4th great grandparents), on my mothers side, though their son John Bannister born 1946 in England who went to live and later died in Scotland.
i just wondering if this Amos bannister and Ann ball would be the right one?

Offline AJLAMERS85

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 25 July 12 02:52 BST (UK) »

Hi my names Aaron,

I am a distant relative of a Amos Bannister (farm Labourer) and Ann Ball (4th great grandparents), on my mothers side, though their son John Bannister born 1846 (Correction) in England who went to live and later died in Scotland.
i just wondering if this Amos bannister and Ann ball would be the right one?

Offline cackyd60

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 25 July 12 15:23 BST (UK) »
Hi Aaron  my Amos Bannister was born 1827-1905, married to Ann Ball c1831  I only knew of George Bannister My Grandmother Emma Bannisters father   regards cackyd60