Author Topic: BANISTER/BANNISTER family - NSW  (Read 16919 times)

Offline tropicalj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • six grandkids
    • View Profile
Re: Banisters/Bannisters
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 10 February 08 05:50 GMT (UK) »
Happy  to  help
thanks  for the Hennessy  tip  but luciky enough  the  ones  that  i  have  found  have been hennessy's

A small  old world ;D

regards Jenn
When you search for ancestors, you find great friends!
I live in Townsville researching
TOWNSEND,PINNEGAR, STRANGE, PULLEN, GRIFFIN from Wiltshire,,
SHOEBRIDGE, VINALL, BRINDLE, Kent
BAYLEY, Dorset,Yorkshire,
HAIR, Durham,
CUMMINS, BROWNLESS from Yorkshire,
EDSALL,  Cornwall,
MORGAN, HENNESSY, BAKER,  Ireland.
VAN REYK Sri Lanka
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.au

Offline april betty

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 05 March 08 20:05 GMT (UK) »
Thanks to Ambly and Tropicalj    :oI have started on the Bannisters who were in eventually in Lismore, Not getting very far....

BUT>    How long does it take to get a death certificate out of the NSWgov. records.    I ordered a death certificate on 11 Feb.  monies uplifed out of my bank account on 13th Feb. and I am still waiting,,  no replies or even acknowledgement of e-mails querying hold-up.   Anyone else have similar problems?

Is it quicker and easier to use a transcription agent?

Offline tropicalj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • six grandkids
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 05 March 08 22:05 GMT (UK) »
Hello  there AP

Yes it is quicker to use a transcription agent  but   I  have  found about a  three week  wait  for  the  NSW record office.  It  has only been  a  bit over three weeks  for  you  so  it  could turn up in  the post today. ;D

Thankfully  it is  not a  Qld certificate  that can  be a couple of  months on  the odd occasion.

Have  you sent them off an  email query?

Someone once said  patience is a virtue  but  i  don't  think  he or she was a  genealogist.

Jenn

When you search for ancestors, you find great friends!
I live in Townsville researching
TOWNSEND,PINNEGAR, STRANGE, PULLEN, GRIFFIN from Wiltshire,,
SHOEBRIDGE, VINALL, BRINDLE, Kent
BAYLEY, Dorset,Yorkshire,
HAIR, Durham,
CUMMINS, BROWNLESS from Yorkshire,
EDSALL,  Cornwall,
MORGAN, HENNESSY, BAKER,  Ireland.
VAN REYK Sri Lanka
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.au

Offline april betty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 06 March 08 03:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jenn

Yes, I have sent off two enquiries, not even an acknowledgement.    Still my late husband said he married me for my patience.......(I agree, THEY are not anxious, enquiring genealagists.)     Still he has been missing since 1880, so a few more days.......
Cheers.

Offline april betty

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 30 March 08 11:54 BST (UK) »
Have now got death certificate for William Bannister.  New query.
His son James Byron Bannister married Olive Vidler beginning 1924  he died 23 Dec. 1924. buried in Lismore.    How can I find out why he died so young?    The Richmond River Historical Soc. have a memorial newspaper notice for him, but it just gives his date of death.

There must be some Bannisters out in the wide blue yonder that could help;
descendants of Walter, Ethel, Ada, Herbert, George, Thelma and Elsie where are you?

Offline cando

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 16 May 09 09:31 BST (UK) »
April Betty there is more information on the BANNISTER family here
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=381767.msg2544439#msg2544439

Cheers
Cando
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Raine9471

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: BANISTER/BANNISTER family - NSW
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 16 May 09 13:34 BST (UK) »
Hello Cando ... Nice to meet you!

Thank you for posting the link to April Betty's original post regarding the NSW Bannisters. I found it from the Google search engine and had only the print preview version. I had to join the site to reply but then couldn't find the original posting.

I hope April Betty sees my posting ... the information came from Tim Soane's site http://family.soane.net/descendancy.php?pid=P3492171553&box_width=100&chart_style=1&generations=15&show_full=1 which lists this particular Bannister descendancy right back to William Bannister (1735-1768).

I believe this particular Family Tree was compiled by Margaret Elisabeth Callaghan in Rotorua, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand.  She is a member of Ancestry.com. Thank you Margaret, your research has been extremely valuable!

My interest in the NSW Bannisters is more of a personal nature in that, like my great-grandfather, Henry Bannister, they left their ancestral home of Headington/Beckley/Oxford and moved further afield. I just wanted to know what became of them, how they lived their lives in the "New World" and perhaps link up with some of their descendants. I am on Facebook....

Raine Evans Alexander

Offline Banoii

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Bano - NSW Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 29 November 10 07:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi
My name is Scott Banister and I saw that you were looking for Banister family.  I'm not sure if there is a connection or not, but my Great Grand father was Henry B. Banister b. Yass in 1855 he was married to Venina May Pennington b. 1876 the Gap Qld.  My Father is Stanley Henry Banister the son of Leslie and Ruth Banister.
I was just wondering if there is a connection as I'm looking for information on family members for our family tree.

Scott Banister - Richmond NSW
Tracing of Kennedy family Tree in Australia and also in
Ireland (esp Tipperarry and Waterford Co)

Offline erinsullivan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 10 January 11 15:00 GMT (UK) »
Hello, Found your messages. I am looking at your Bannister family and also Kennedy.

Henry B Bannister b Yass 1855 - mother Sarah born Somerset? what a family to trace. Sarahs daughter Lucy Bannister (Married Bettini) is my g-g grandmother. Please tell me - have you ever found a birth record for Henry B Bannister and what is the B for.

My other side married into Kennedy from Tipperary. Rody Kennedy (father Patrick and mother Mary Carthy) came to OZ married Connolly- no Andrew (that I know of) . Not having much luck with the details but have some siblings names & birth dates & locations - Drom, Fishmoyne etc etc.

Lets talk

Erin
Cowell, Hoener, Frazier, Christopher, Dyer, Cheshire