Author Topic: My Irish names  (Read 11509 times)

Offline FindingAncestors

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: My Irish names
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 21 December 04 14:29 GMT (UK) »
Not meaning to make things more complicated but there are also Glendinnings in Jersey and the surname Dumaresq was mentioned in relation to sponorahip for the familiy to Australia. which also hails from Jersey.

At one time there was a large Irish community on the island which did venture for one reason or another  to various destinations such as Australia and Nova Scotia.

It may be worth checking out  the Channel Islands section here in Rooschat where there is a link leading to to a Glendinning home page.

Good Luck

Scatty
                 Hi Scatty, That is interesting. I can't find the particular post you are talking about though in connection to Dumaresq and Australia..  Could you kindly point me to that message? please?  Thank you for giving this info, maybe I might find record of them there. Thanks again, and Season's Greetings. FA
ANYON,BATES, BEDWELL, BENNETT, BONE, BULLOCK,  CAMPBELL,  CARMICHAEL, CARTER, CLARK, CONSTANTINE/SLATER, CLENDINNING, COVENTRY, CREIGHTON,  EASLIP, EDWARDS, ELIARD or ELIOT, FROST, GORINGE, HILL, HOLLOWAY, INGLEFIELD, INGRAM, JAMES, JEFFREY, JONES, JOHNSTON, KEECH, LANGFORD, LAWS, LAWS,  LLOYD, LONDON, MACKAY, MCKAY, MACKNESS, MARTIN, MILLINGTON, MOORE, MORISON, NEWMAN, O'DONNELL, ORPIN, PAINE, POOK, REECE, RICHARDS, ROBSON,  SMITH, SPROULE, STANDISH,STRANGEMORE, TRENCHARD, WHELAN, WILLIAMS

Offline FindingAncestors

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 22 December 04 07:52 GMT (UK) »
Not meaning to make things more complicated but there are also Glendinnings in Jersey and the surname Dumaresq was mentioned in relation to sponorahip for the familiy to Australia. which also hails from Jersey.
At one time there was a large Irish community on the island which did venture for one reason or another to various destinations such as Australia and Nova Scotia.

It may be worth checking out the Channel Islands section here in Rooschat where there is a link leading to to a Glendinning home page.

Good Luck

Scatty
           Hi Scatty, In regards your private message;  I found the link to the Glendinning page, but what I was after was the message you mentioned about Dumaresq and Australian families being sponsored.  I tried to find mention of Dumaresq & Australian families  on the Glendinning site, but after failing, thought you must have meant a message posted at the Channel Islands board here at Rootschat. So what I'm after is the message or person who posted about Dumaresq and Australian families. Thanks so much. Cheers! FA  ;)
ANYON,BATES, BEDWELL, BENNETT, BONE, BULLOCK,  CAMPBELL,  CARMICHAEL, CARTER, CLARK, CONSTANTINE/SLATER, CLENDINNING, COVENTRY, CREIGHTON,  EASLIP, EDWARDS, ELIARD or ELIOT, FROST, GORINGE, HILL, HOLLOWAY, INGLEFIELD, INGRAM, JAMES, JEFFREY, JONES, JOHNSTON, KEECH, LANGFORD, LAWS, LAWS,  LLOYD, LONDON, MACKAY, MCKAY, MACKNESS, MARTIN, MILLINGTON, MOORE, MORISON, NEWMAN, O'DONNELL, ORPIN, PAINE, POOK, REECE, RICHARDS, ROBSON,  SMITH, SPROULE, STANDISH,STRANGEMORE, TRENCHARD, WHELAN, WILLIAMS

Offline scatty

• RootsChat Senior
  • Just love my genes !
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 22 December 04 13:26 GMT (UK) »
Hello again,

As often happens we may be going round in circles here, was it not you who mentioned in a posting on 7/12  Col Henry Dumaresq who sponsored several families and the impression I got was  that he sponsored your family members. The message is in this thread  further down and I do hope you are successful with your search.

All the best, I will be keen to follow your progress.

Scatty
Fitzgerald/Mullane/Riordan/Heaphy/Barrett, O'Brien, Doneraile area
McCormack/ Brophy/Egan/Gavin,  Tullamore area
McCormack, Corr, Dublin
Hennessey and Heaphy in South Wales Valleys

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk