Author Topic: Woolrich, LITTLE DRAYTON, shrops  (Read 2965 times)

Offline Black Night

• RootsChat Extra
  • My Wife's Cat Guinness
    • View Profile
Re: Woolrich, LITTLE DRAYTON, shrops
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 13 February 08 20:43 GMT (UK) »
Hi Amberly. It's BN, I'm on your case.  I do live in Little Drayton ,  It is now a continuation of Market Drayton. I've not heard the name Woolrich around this area for a long time, I did know a Jim Woolrich who Emigrated to Oz about 20 years ago. I'm not sure if he had any relations in M.D. or around this area, so Ill put my feelers out and see what I can find. My sister in law is well into Staffordshire so she be able to help in that area for us . Ill keep in touch if I find anything Ill get right back.  BN.

Offline amberly

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 14 February 08 21:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi BN. Glad to hear from you, thought you'd gone on holiday!!!     I've had a lot of help from silvery & we'd sort of come to the conclusion I'd have to send for the marr. cert??!!!   Your reply had gone into my spam box & I've only just found it.  Anyway it shouldn't go in again, I hope.  Anyway see what you can come up with, & thanks for trying.    Amberly.
Roberts,Guilsfield area, Mont.    Beattie, Welshpool, Mont         Newill, Welshpool & Shrops.      Gwyther, London.                    Cureton, Shrops & London.       Whitfield, Shrops.                        Dickin, Shrops & Mont.               Barker, London.

Offline suee

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 19 February 08 17:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Just thought i would go and confuse you all, because i have confused myself.
Its just that i thought it maybe worth someone taking a look.

I took a look for your Jane Woolrich before the 1901 census and as you say she is nowhere to be seen.

What caught my eye was in the 1891 a Jane Woolrich b 1871 married to a James Woolrich living in cheshire, James however is age 38 and jane is age 20, BUT the three children are age 15/13/10 so that led me to think its his second wife with quite a age differance.

So i then thought i would take a look in the 1901 to see if they are still together, i cannot see them together can anyone else ?

From what i can see this James Woolrich is with three diffrent wifes over 1881/1891/1901 all younger than him.
I think his first wife died in 1881.

I think this Jane woolrich was nee Booth, its just the age issue thats a problem.
I think its worth someone else looking, that has not got herself into a muddle (me)  ???

Nice to see you back on line Black knight ;)

Suee

staffordshire, plants,cottons,woodcocks,bailey,timmis
cheshire, woodcocks timmis,dale,bailey

Offline amberly

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 19 February 08 20:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sue, Now you've got me going again. I've just spent the past hr searching & searching, & like you I can't find any of them in 1901.

In 1881 I found James m to Ann & then found her poss death on Freebmd aged 36 in 1881 Nantwich, which would be the correct area.  About 3 doors down the rd was also a John W 67 & his son William 27 & his grandd Amelia 13, thought John could be James father?? as both James & William put their pob down as Rope, Cheshire.   Both John & William are working on the railrd & by the 1891 census James is too.    My gt uncle Wm Hy Roberts who m a Jane W in 1898 also worked on the rlrd & after he & this Jane m they lived in Coppenhall Monks also v close to Shavington.  So this Jane could have been the one he m.   

What made you think her maiden name was Booth?? I couldn't find any Jane B's b in the Little Drayton area around the year she thinks she was b.  It's 1871 on the 1891 census & 1874 on the 1901.  Anymore ideas??  I'll have to break down & send for their marr cert.     Amberl
Roberts,Guilsfield area, Mont.    Beattie, Welshpool, Mont         Newill, Welshpool & Shrops.      Gwyther, London.                    Cureton, Shrops & London.       Whitfield, Shrops.                        Dickin, Shrops & Mont.               Barker, London.

Offline suee

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 19 February 08 21:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi
See i told you i had got myself in a muddle, what i should of said was i think Jane's maiden name was Beech not booth  ???
On cheshire BDM i looked for a marriage of a James Woolrich after his first wifes death in 1881 and before the 1891 census and there is a James W to a Jane Beech in nantwich.

I will take a fresh look tomorrow, there maybe nothing in it but it stood out to me, did people divorce in those times, ? i am not sure as I cannot see that James died before 1901 when your Jane Married William Roberts, BUT as we say I cant find him in 1901 either.
So if they were still together were are they ?

The marrage cert should say if she was a spinster or not, Dont know about you but i need to know as well now  :)

Suee
staffordshire, plants,cottons,woodcocks,bailey,timmis
cheshire, woodcocks timmis,dale,bailey

Offline amberly

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 19 February 08 22:03 GMT (UK) »
Well sorry to disappoint you but you'll have to wait until April before you'll know, because I haven't got time now to send for it & get it back before I go on holiday.   I'm gone for the whole month of March.   I may send for it before I go but I doubt I'll get it back.   So don't hold your breathe but I won't forget to let you know.   
Thanks again,
Amberly