Author Topic: Agnes FOX m. Reg? & lived in GOBOWEN  (Read 9187 times)

Offline JoMC

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Agnes FOX m. Reg? & lived in GOBOWEN
« Reply #9 on: Monday 11 February 08 23:51 GMT (UK) »
4. I'm going to have a look at the Old Maps site  :D

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline JoMC

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 11 February 08 23:57 GMT (UK) »
On the 1891 map, the only buildings names - and most farms would be named - is Spring Cottage. It is right on the road in the position that you mentioned but has a field surrounding it. The only other group of buildings is Plas Gwyn farm but that is away` fromn the road towards Daywell.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline JoMC

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 12 February 08 00:29 GMT (UK) »
This is a long shot but the only Reginald that I can find in Gobowen in 1891 was a Reginald Brown, aged 1. His father was a policeman, Robert Brown. They seemed to be livng with his grandfather, Thomas Morris, a wheelwright at Last Inn Cottages, Chirk Road, Gobowen.

RG12/2118 Folio 75 Page 12

I've been looking at Google Earth but unfortunately the photos were taken early in the morning and the shadow is pretty heavy  :(

Gadget

Offline JoMC

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 12 February 08 00:31 GMT (UK) »
I see that William, who lives locally, is now online so maybe he might take a little trip that way  :D

Gadget

Offline amberly

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 12 February 08 00:43 GMT (UK) »
Wow, you've been busy whilst I was eating my dinner!   Who is William??  The names of the farms you gave me don't ring a bell with me.  And neither does the name Reg Brown, but I only knew them as Auntie Aggie & Uncle Reg.   I've looked on freebmd too for marriages, but they're often not up to date I find.  So until I found you I didn't have much idea what to do next.  Thanks again, TTYS, I'm on-line with 3 different people at the mo, but I'll be back & look in.  A.
Roberts,Guilsfield area, Mont.    Beattie, Welshpool, Mont         Newill, Welshpool & Shrops.      Gwyther, London.                    Cureton, Shrops & London.       Whitfield, Shrops.                        Dickin, Shrops & Mont.               Barker, London.

Offline JoMC

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 12 February 08 00:46 GMT (UK) »
Well, I'm off to bed but I've got my OS map out and find that the school was slightly closer in to the village centre than the church. If what you say is correct, there weren't any farms that close in  :-\

Memory can play tricks - are you sure you didn't walk a short distance after crossing the road?

Gadget

Offline amberly

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 12 February 08 01:37 GMT (UK) »
No the bus would stop right outside the farm gate but I was only 4 so I'm sure my memory is not all that accurate.   I think my gran used to tell the bus driver where she wanted him to stop & he would.   They were very obliging in those days!   So we may get nowhere, never mind we tried. Thanks again, I'll look in on you again tomorrow, but I won't be up until your lunch time. A.
Roberts,Guilsfield area, Mont.    Beattie, Welshpool, Mont         Newill, Welshpool & Shrops.      Gwyther, London.                    Cureton, Shrops & London.       Whitfield, Shrops.                        Dickin, Shrops & Mont.               Barker, London.

Offline whinny

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday 08 September 09 10:29 BST (UK) »
hi.   i think reg & agnes could be relations of mine, they lived at hennlle farm gobowen which is still there but is no longer a farm.  i am not sure when agnes died but reg died in 1991, they never had children of there own. the school you mention would be morton school.

Offline amberly

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday 08 September 09 13:50 BST (UK) »
Hi,  Tell me more please.   What was their surname, because that's why I got stuck.I couldn't find a marr for Aggie, so couldn't look any further for her.   I don't think I ever knew the name of the farm.  I had a feeling they didn't have any children but wasn't positive.  Was she sister to Selina Fox?  If we establish she's who I'm looking for I'll give you my home e-mail & maybe we could then correspond that way.     Thanks so much for replying.   Amberly.