Author Topic: Patrick GALLAGHER  (Read 4094 times)

Offline sandywire

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Patrick GALLAGHER
« on: Friday 08 December 06 00:40 GMT (UK) »
I have a farmer Patrick Gallagher B: 1841 D:1901 married to Jane McManus
children:
 John      moved to Staten Island N.Y. 
Thomas 1865  married Mary Ann Malone moved to N.Y. had William, moved to Chicago had Thomas and James
William   Born and died in Co. Mayo
Mary born and died in Co. Mayo
Michael
  I am stuck on my Jane McManus   I have her mother but no husband.  I dont have any brothers or sisters of my Patrick. 
 Any help I would jump for joy. 
 Sandy Wire   Gallagher

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: Link - Longford Volunteers WWI
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 12 December 06 12:10 GMT (UK) »
Hiya sandywire,

Welcome to Rootschat.

I can't see an immediate connection with Patrick Gallagher of the Edgeworthstown Volunteer Corps and your Patrick born in 1841. I doubt he fought in the Great War as he would have been in his seventies when the War started.

Griffith's Valuation. Co. Mayo 1856-7 shows over 100 Gallaghers named Patrick. Several may possibly be mentioned more than once but there are still many left to be eliminated. The marriage to Jane McManus will help in that process. How do you mean you have her mother but no husband? I thought, going by what you say at the start of your message, Patrick Gallagher married Jane ... so I presume you mean no father but would you please confirm that's what you do mean. How have you got information on Jane's mother? Is it on the marriage certificate of Patrick and Jane? Also have you any dates for their children?

Chris