Author Topic: William JAMIESON and Jane SUTHERLAND  (Read 35548 times)

Offline Kiwi Girl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Thanks for your help, I'll try and help too
    • View Profile
Re: William JAMIESON and Jane SUTHERLAND
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 17 April 08 22:19 BST (UK) »
Hi there,

Yes you had sent me the pm, I just must have suffered  a brain freeze when using it ;)

Thanks for the scurry round on the interesting John Jamieson  :D

;)
Jamieson (Aberdeenshire / Otago). Watt (Aberdeenshire/ Southland), Lane (Nova Scotia / England / South Island), Brown (Paisley / Abbey Eat Taieri), Houseal/  Hausihl (Germany / Philadelphia / Nova Scotia / Dover / South Island), Gillespie (Glasgow / Ireland), Farquharson, Urquhart, Kaua (East Coast, North Island), Hughes (Anglesea / East Coast, North Island), Boyd (Scotland / East Coast, North Island), Bulfin (south Island)

Offline Jamieson

• RootsChat Member
  • Have camera can travel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 14 July 08 01:08 BST (UK) »
William and Jane Jamieson are my 3rd Great Grand Parents
Aberdeen Aberdeenshire Fyvie Drumoak Dalmaik Peterculter Birse Strachan Aboyne Huntly Banchory-Devenick  -  Jamieson Greig Forbes Tobin Gillespie Cheyne Thompson Donaldson Luke Mark Maitland Findlay Silver Bannerman McDonald

Offline Kiwi Girl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 14 July 08 03:39 BST (UK) »
 :)

Hi there,

Who and where are you?  So cool to see another descendant on here, maybe you could email me and we can pool some resources - I've had such great help from people both local and abroad, I'd love to share with you.

Cheers!

8)

Jamieson (Aberdeenshire / Otago). Watt (Aberdeenshire/ Southland), Lane (Nova Scotia / England / South Island), Brown (Paisley / Abbey Eat Taieri), Houseal/  Hausihl (Germany / Philadelphia / Nova Scotia / Dover / South Island), Gillespie (Glasgow / Ireland), Farquharson, Urquhart, Kaua (East Coast, North Island), Hughes (Anglesea / East Coast, North Island), Boyd (Scotland / East Coast, North Island), Bulfin (south Island)

Offline Jamieson

• RootsChat Member
  • Have camera can travel
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 14 July 08 11:07 BST (UK) »
Your William had a brother George. I have no doubt there were more siblings going on past performance.

It is Goerge and his wife Annie that I and my kin stem from.

Your William Jamieson is my Great Grand Uncle. (I think)

Aberdeen Aberdeenshire Fyvie Drumoak Dalmaik Peterculter Birse Strachan Aboyne Huntly Banchory-Devenick  -  Jamieson Greig Forbes Tobin Gillespie Cheyne Thompson Donaldson Luke Mark Maitland Findlay Silver Bannerman McDonald

Offline Jamieson

• RootsChat Member
  • Have camera can travel
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 14 July 08 17:08 BST (UK) »
I am Alan Jamieson from Aberdeen.

Today I went to see the grave of our ancestor, William and Jane Jamieson in Portlethen (5 miles drive away).

I understand you have a photo of that stone.

Then I drove the mile or so to Findon and found the crofts and houses mentioned in the Birth and Marriage certificates of our families.

Brilliant stuff I was so excited to be in those houses. The people who live in them now are so hospitable, a trait in these here parts. LOL

Then I drove another couple of miles to Banchory-Devenick and found another family grave. I haven't had time yet to open up the memory card and input the data in my tree. As soon as I know where that family fit in the scheme of things I will share it with you.

AJ

Offline Kiwi Girl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 14 July 08 22:06 BST (UK) »
Wow, I am so envious of your visit!

I would love a copy of any pictures - once you've opened your memory card :)

Yes, I have a photo of the stone, I got it from a really nice guy called Colin Milne, who has a site called: http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/nescotland/index.html

I can't wait to add your branch to our family tree :o)

;D

Offline Kiwi Girl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Monday 14 July 08 22:22 BST (UK) »
So, William & Jane had another son?  Called George...  Lots of kids!  When was he born? I have children being born from 1837 - 1859.

Poor, poor Jane! 11 Children - I find just the one a handful ;)

Offline Kiwi Girl

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 18 July 08 00:40 BST (UK) »
Hi all,

I just wanted to say a big Thank You! To Dod M who has shed some light on some corners of my Jamieson past :)

My Tree is looking considerably better formed now that some of my many great grand Aunts and uncles are there.

I'm still processing all the info - but already some names seem to have lingered in the family...

Thanks again

;D

Offline Jamieson

• RootsChat Member
  • Have camera can travel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Monday 21 July 08 22:00 BST (UK) »
Thanks from me too. I now need to find who went before Patrick Jamieson (Jamesone).

I would also like to know if any of our lot died for the Jacobite cause.

I have read some entries in books in Aberdeen City Library that suggests sons of rich landowners, Menzie Jacobite's, went off to lend support at Culloden and the young Jamieson's were "ordered" to accompany them.

The same is true for 70% of those who fought at Culloden, they didn't want to be there. But it was the landed gentry who fell first, they took the front line. They were better armed.

A subject that was of little interest now predominates. My nations history.