Author Topic: Internet family history predictions (1911)  (Read 707 times)

Offline drodgers34

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Internet family history predictions (1911)
« on: Wednesday 20 February 08 03:06 GMT (UK) »
My thoughts:

1911 will open up many avenues to be exploited
  - Definite addresses will allow exact adresses to be extrapolated backwards in time - especially in urban areas - with a byproduct house histories will become more interesting.
  - The proximity to 1912 where spouses are recorded in marriage indexes and  mothers maiden name in birth indexes will allow many many full brenches to be modeled.

Modelling
  - because of the above (and BMD details online) I believe modelling of geneologies will occur - its happening piecemeil on verious websites but it might happen as a confluence between one place studies, one name studies, family histories and FH soceities websites. You could say full bown modelling would take the fun out of it but if a village has been modelled and you find an ancestro from there, a story affecting someones ancestor would have had an impact on someone elses ancestor living in the same street - this might never been found using todays popular approaches. FH societies need to find new areas for their common research

Popularity

- surely it has to wane - this might bring about a rationalizsation in the number of commercial websites - they
will decrease in number. Business expereince suggests they will rationalise anyway.
This will bring about heartache for FH fans but the retionalisation will speed up the modelling process - Imagine if Google, Ancestry and various other providers combined and produced an all singing and dancing website whre you reseach could be presented in all number of ways

eg today I could use a CADD package, make a reasonable drawing of my ancestors demolished farm and place it on google maps or google earth - Time team like graphics for everyone !

Going alittle further There could be second life like experiences except going back in time - time tourism with computer generated reconstructions etc etc.

Genetics migh allow you to use ohe info to build a 'cracker' type psych profile on an ancestor - we are the product of nature and nurture - evne the names you give your kids say something about you (fifi trixibell anyone ?)