Author Topic: Wright/ Bell/ Fahey  (Read 6421 times)

mandyfahey

Wright/ Bell/ Fahey
« on: Friday 22 February 08 12:06 GMT (UK) »
Can anyone please help me. I have been researching the above names with the information that -

Agnes Wright born 1886 and married Richard Bell 1915 in Hawarden, (my husbands grandparents).
I thought that I had found her father who I believed to be Robert Wright. From her marriage certificate I find it is John Wright, general labourer. Robert had a brother named John, but he married another lady.The John who may now be Agnes faher was born Hawarden and married a lady called Liliah according to the 1891 census.
The witnesses on Agnes marriage cert were Alfred Bell (Richards brother) Ada Wright (possibly Agnes sister) and Bessie Catherall (her link is via Bell).

I would be grateful if anyone could shed some light on this. I don't want to spend anymore money on incorrect documents.

For more info please see the NORTHUMBERLAND BOARD- WRIGHT / LOGAN
Thank you in advance
Mandy :)

Offline Paul

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Wright/ Bell/ Fahey
« Reply #1 on: Friday 22 February 08 17:37 GMT (UK) »
Hello Mandy,
 I'll see if I can see anything in Hawarden Parish registers when I go to the archives next week.

Paul

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 22 February 08 17:54 GMT (UK) »
Sorry 

I though I'd replied to this - no marriage on North Wales BMD site. Agnes born 1883, I believe - registered Wrexham - again North Wales BMD.

http://www.northwalesbmd.org.uk/bmd_welcome.html

I noticed that Lillah was b. Derbyshire. Nothing there.  I think Burton on Trent would be the RD for Milton/Melton/Repton and so far I haven't located a Lillah or variations on FreeBMD there.

Other thought - could she have been Lilian  :-\

Gadget  :-\
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

mandyfahey

« Reply #3 on: Friday 22 February 08 21:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Paul and Gadget

Much appreciate the help.
Paul I look foward to any info you can find, if you have the time to get it.
Yes Gadget it could be Lilian, the info I have is a transcript copy of the marriage cert from Flintshire.

I was going to send for Agnes birth certificate.
The census info I have 1891 notes her birth c1883 with her father John Wright + mother Lillah (?Lillian)
1901 census states her birth year as 1886, her father on this as Robert Wright (obviously not her father acccording to the marriage cert). According to her marriage cert 1915 she was aged 29, making her birth year 1886,
I will go with the marriage cert age I think.

This has become very confusing as I thought I had a lot of info, well I have but it seems on the wrong Wright family.

Thanks again
Mandy :-\

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 22 February 08 21:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mandy - not confusing -

There were two Agnes Wrights

One born 1883 registered Wrexham RD (? daughter of John) and one born 1885 registered Hawarden (?Robert's daughter)

Check out the NW BMD site that I gave earlier.

Gadget  :)
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline JeannieR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Me with eldest grandson Nick, now 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 22 February 08 21:58 GMT (UK) »
Mandy....and all

Agnes' mothers name on 1891 census, and 1901 is definitely Lillah.

I have looked in all manner of way's for the past couple of hours for a marriage, with no Joy I am afraid..........

1891 census, Agnes and Ada are both at home with mum and dad. 1901 Ada is with her Wright grandparents . Dad is unemployed.....

Jeannie
This information is Crown Copyright, from www.national archives.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 22 February 08 22:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jeannie

Yes I agree it is Lillah* but I was suggesting that it could be Lilian or something else because so far, we can't find a marriage or a birth registration circa that time in Burton on Trent (RD for where she said she was born - Milton and Rapton on censuses).

There are quite a few Lillah/alternatives in Derby but not in Burton o T  :(

Gadget

* also can be Lylah, Leila, Lila, etc.

mandyfahey

« Reply #7 on: Saturday 23 February 08 14:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi All

Gadget
I think I have realised the error of my ways!!!
My husband told me that the Wrights were from Higher Kinnerton, Flintshire, so I naturally went with Robert Wright as Agnes father. it looks now that Agnes was a domestic servant in Higher Kinnerton and that John Wright is her father. I have spent this time going over and over the census and all info I have. Checked again and I think through the census (on ancestry) I have traced John Wright to 1871, it was between this time and returning around 1883 that he was not in Wales. He may have married Lillah in Derbyshire and they had their first child Agnes in Hawarden in 1883.

John Wrights father according to the census of 1841 was born and living in Flintshire, he appeared to move to Anglesey where he met appeared to meet Jane, later his wife.
Jane Jones (according to NWBMD site) married a John Wright in 1857, but this does not appear to tie with John Wright (junior)being born in 1852.

Thanks fo everyones help, Getting there slowly.
Mandy

Offline JeannieR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Me with eldest grandson Nick, now 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 23 February 08 14:46 GMT (UK) »
Hello Mandy.....

I have been looking at your problem for most of the day !!

I think that there is a very faint chance, that the name could be Zillah. There is a death of a Zillah wright registered 1919......

I honestly have a feeling, that Lillah may have been a nick name, so I suggest that getting the birth certificate of either Agnes or Ada, will be money well spent. It will really assist you in getting on with your research. On the 1881 census, there is a John Wright , of the correct age, married to a Ellen........

From my own experience, my own gran was difficult to trace. I knew her name was Sarah Hughes, had her death certificate, which showed she was born c1878, and from Liverpool, which was difficult enough, but on the 1881 and 1891 census, she was Sissy !! It took me two years to sort it.

We know that John's parents were John and Jane, because Ada is with them in 1901, I agree that Agnes was a servant at Higher Kinnerton.

I may be able to help you further with the Wrights. I have Parish registers for the Hawarden area, form 1697-1820.

Kind Regards

Jeannie
This information is Crown Copyright, from www.national archives.gov.uk