Author Topic: american james beveridge  (Read 11956 times)

Offline beansgram

• RootsChat Veteran
  • peter drylie christina mcpherson
    • View Profile
american james beveridge
« on: Friday 22 February 08 17:15 GMT (UK) »
hi everyone  james beveridge who immigrated to america is the son of alexander beveridge and agnes smith.  on our 1880 census is neighbor is his brother andrew and wife isobel.  the american descendants had james married to euphemia hynd which they tell me was given to them by another party.  all they know for sure is that her given name was euphemia so it could be one of 5 possibilities:
euphemia shields
euphemia young
euphemia hepburn
euphemia forsyth
euphemia muir
this james was born jan 18 1814 in halbeath fife and died in mccandless township allegheny county pennsylvania april 7 1885
  the muir and forsyth connect to toms tree and unless he knows if either one immigrated to the us they can be eliminated as this james wife.    beans
drylie,mcpherson,tod,burt,beveridge
fife dunfermline kincross iverness

Offline sancti

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: american james beveridge
« Reply #1 on: Friday 22 February 08 19:47 GMT (UK) »
Do you know when this James emigrated to America? Did he marry in Scotland or in America? Did he have children in Scotland?

Offline sancti

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 22 February 08 21:09 GMT (UK) »
There are these death records on SP that may eliminate a few

1868 BEVERIDGE EUPHEMIA   HEPBURN F 44 NEWBURGH /FIFE

1890 BEVERIDGE EUPHEMIA   YOUNG F 81 BURNTISLAND /FIFE

1898 BEVERIDGE EUPHEMIA   FORSYTH F 83 PERTH /PERTH

Offline sancti

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 22 February 08 21:27 GMT (UK) »
I cant find a birth for James or Andrew to this couple on SP

31/03/1816 BEVERIDGE CATHARINE ALEXANDER BEVERIDGE/AGNES SMITH FR2915 F Dunfermline /FIFE

24/06/1828 BEVERIDGE JANET ALEXANDER BEVERIDGE/AGNES SMITH FR3826 F Dunfermline /FIFE 

03/07/1821 BEVERIDGE JOHN ALEXANDER BEVERIDGE/AGNES SMITH FR3593 M Dunfermline /FIFE

26/10/1823 BEVERIDGE ROBERT ALEXANDER BEVERIDGE/AGNES SMITH FR3657 M Dunfermline /FIFE

Offline sancti

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 22 February 08 21:30 GMT (UK) »
hi everyone  james beveridge who immigrated to america is the son of alexander beveridge and agnes smith.  on our 1880 census is neighbor is his brother andrew and wife isobel.  the american descendants had james married to euphemia hynd which they tell me was given to them by another party.  all they know for sure is that her given name was euphemia so it could be one of 5 possibilities:
euphemia shields
euphemia young
euphemia hepburn
euphemia forsyth
euphemia muir
this james was born jan 18 1814 in halbeath fife and died in mccandless township allegheny county pennsylvania april 7 1885
  the muir and forsyth connect to toms tree and unless he knows if either one immigrated to the us they can be eliminated as this james wife.    beans

Could this be the James you are meaning? The christening date is close but the parents are different

30/01/1814 BEVERIDGE JAMES born to JAMES BEVERIDGE/AGNES SMITH  Dunfermline /FIFE

Offline beansgram

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 23 February 08 04:42 GMT (UK) »
hi everyone thanks for the replies.  nobody seems to know too much about him.  because this is the james that three different people have on roots web as married to euphemia hynd.  the children listed to this couple were the children of james and euphemia and did not belong to this james at all.  as for immigration i know he was born in scotland and his euphemia ? was also born in scotland they immigrated before 1880 because they are on the 1880 census.  allegheny county is the next one over from where i am and the county courthouse is about 25 miles from me which is where his death would have been registeredon my  next day off i will have to make the trip to find out.  we also have cemetery records available on line but i have not had time to search yet as i just found out the 2 james and 2 euphemias were mixed up.  this is what i am currently working on so i will let you all know what i find.   beans

Offline beansgram

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 23 February 08 04:54 GMT (UK) »
i forgot to give you alexander and agnes particulars these are the children i have listed they were sent to me by somebody else and have not been verified
james jan 18 1814
catherine mar 25 1816
john jul 3 1821
robert oct 26 1823
andrew mar 1826
janet 0ct 24 1828
william 1832
agnes 1833
alexander 1835  al supose to have been born in halbeath also alexander seniors parents are listed as james beveridge and margaret thompson  beans

Offline beansgram

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 26 June 08 06:19 BST (UK) »
hi everyone just an update for those of you following the beveridges james beveridge and his wife euphemia ????  james immigrated to mccandless township allegheny count pennsylvania in 1869 he is on the 1880 census with his wife. i am still waiting for his death cert and eupemias.  also for a copy of their immigration records as we have yet to find out who euphemia is or which beveridge family james belongs to. in a previous post on this thread a kind soul gave me these possibilities euphemia shields / young / forsythe / muir / hepburn.  eupemia hynd had already been eliminated and since then young/forsythe/muir/hepburn have also been eliminated as three of those died in scotland.  which only leaves euphemia shields but i have been unable to prove or disprove that one.  any suggestions      beans

Offline Piglet01

• Email address not working please contact support
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 26 June 08 10:57 BST (UK) »
Hello beans

A quick search of the IGI only brings up one child for James Beveridge and Euphemia Shields.  An 'extracted' one

MARGARET BEVERIDGE  Christening: 25 DEC 1825 Burntisland, Fife, Scotland

Assuming that he was ? abt 20 - 25 in 1825 this has him emigrating at abt age 60+, so on the 1880 census you'd have him as abt  75 -80......

Regards,   Steve .....  :O(