Author Topic: AMOS, All  (Read 14544 times)

Offline Luckyjo

• RootsChat Extra
  • A Brummie living in Queensland Australia
    • View Profile
AMOS, All
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 25 June 09 12:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Detheridge. I have loads of Amos who are actualy Ames. The name is often mispelt sometimes Amis Amys Eames and so on. Don't hold your breath but all mine are either brickmakers or gunmakers and yes I have two or three Solomons and Theophilis. Mostly come from Utoxeter, Abbotts bromley, Yoxall Leicester, Rugeley, Birmingham and Middlesex. If anyone has ancestors in those area's  PM me with the details of who they are looking for I will do my best to help.
Joy
Staffs & Warwickshire Ames/Amos/Amis. Gazey Orme Ford. Middlesex Moat Worcester/Gloucester Troughton Fletcher Mayo Osborne Reeves craft

Offline Trees

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Can't see the wood for the !!!
    • View Profile
Re: AMOS, All
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 14 July 10 17:02 BST (UK) »
Our Amos line is headed by William and Hannah who had children from 1772 in Compton Dando Somerset a son settled in Paulton Somerset one of his sons moved to Crickhowell South Wales from there a daughter married and moved to County Durham
Trees
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

For details of my research interests please see
mcmullin.me.uk
Also read the children a story from Story Time at the same web site.

Offline ian-nz

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: AMOS, All
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 12 December 10 20:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi All,

My GrGrGrandmother was Pemilla Amos born 1834 at Yate, Gloucester. She married Charles Grey in 1858 at Shipton Moyne and died of Typhoid Fever in 1867. On their marriage certificate it says her father is Thomas Amos a labourer. I think Thomas Amos may have died soon after Pemilla's birth and her mother remarried as she is listed as an Amos on the 1841 census living with Mary and Thomas Pearce but on the 1851 census she is listed as a Pearce. I have hit a brick wall trying to find further information on my Amos family.

Pauline