Author Topic: Dead end - James & Patience KING - COMPLETED  (Read 15706 times)

Offline suzard

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Dead end - James & Patience King
« Reply #18 on: Friday 29 February 08 10:03 GMT (UK) »
I've tried to put into some order the information we have on children

Alfred - not found after 1851
William not found after 1851
Sarah not found after 1851-there is a marriage Dec qtr 1852 Williton 5c 610 n same page Sarah King James Harris Richard Nation ( ruled out Richard Nation but cannot find a Sarah harris who would "fit".
Robert not found after 1851
Thomas not found after 1871
John not found after 1851
Frances not found after 1861
Mary J not found after 1861
Maria not found after 1841 - although there is a marriage in 1850 to (possibly ) Richard Parsons - although I can nly find a maria of correct age p.o.b. married to a Thomas Parsons?

Grandson Alfred W King married Bessie Lansdon -Bessie died Dec qtr 1895 Williton age 30. 1891 had daughter Minnie age 1 -  in 1901 Minnie is living with her Lansden grandparents.  1901 Alfred still farming -widower children Frances mary 9, William 7, Florence 6

Suz
Thornhill, Cresswell, Sisson, Harriman, Cripps, Eyre, Walter, Marson, Battison, Holmes, Bailey, Hardman, Fairhurst Noon-mainly in Derbys/Notts-but also Northampton, Oxford, Leics, Lancs-England
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline allibaker

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.n
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 29 February 08 12:39 GMT (UK) »
baptised brompton ralph -
robert king bapt 30th oct 1831
william king bapt 29th dec 1833
sarah king bapt 1st april 1836
robert bapt 8th april 1838
john bapt 30th aug 1840
regards
alli
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk.
somerset- quick,baker,stephens,atyeo,rowswell,callow,marks
durham- marshall,fairbairn
worcestershire- stephens,bishop
gloucestershire - stephens
middlesex - chesney

Offline Vic H

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 02 March 08 23:14 GMT (UK) »

I tell you what -I'll see what I can find overnight - yes I am an insomniac!!!! - I'll post it and then you can ask for anything else you want tomorrow and then "Complete" the post

Don't feel you have to hang around because I'm still looking -I'm quite happy to just carry on

Is that OK?

Suz

Suz
No problem feel free to dig as deep as you want. I have appreciated all the info you have got for me this is absolutly fantastic, I wish I could sit here from my computer & access the info like you can, it would be so much fun & easier. I love the challenge of putting the family pieces together but like a lot of Aussies unfortunatley I am limited to access & have to rely on " free information sites" due to the expense. I will put "completed" on my posts. I am still trying to get a handle on this site. Thankyou again Vicki

Cannon, King, Cole, Sansom, Heaton, McDonald, McKinnon, Mcqueen, Tape, Gash

Offline lynt_1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Dead end - James & Patience King - COMPLETED
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 27 February 11 22:01 GMT (UK) »
 but I have an alfred1827 & maria 1829 b in wiveliscombe maybe they died?

Hi,
I would like to join the conversation here. Alfred didn't die. He married widow Sarah Natcott (nee Waterman) and emigrated to Australia also in 1852. I am researching their family on behalf of a friend. Alfred & Sarah are his GG Grandparents

Lyn

Offline Vic H

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Dead end - James & Patience KING - COMPLETED
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 02 March 11 05:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lyn
This  maybe the info I have been looking for. Since my post have really got nowhere with Alfred at all. Are you able to confirm by his d, cert if this Alfred's parents were in fact James & Patience. I have found age 19 the family on the Vic. shipping lists which also has a William KING age 19 (could be his younger brother which also fits my family) BUT has another Sarah King age 27. Sister to them maybe? If she is then this is not my Alfred  :(, as I have Sarah m.Richard Larcombe 3/7/1854. With 2 children Edwin 3 & Walter 5, they migrated to Australia  2 April, Portsmouth, Hampshire, England arr. 27 Jul 1857, Sydney NSW. Info given on the immigration listing of the ship "Tartar". parents  James & Patience. Brother Albert in Australia. Was hospitalised on ship.
I have found all info regarding Albert & Sarah Natcott but before adding all this line to my tree in any depth I need to know for sure if your Alfred & mine are one & the same.
hoping for a positve reply, vicki

Offline lynt_1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 02 March 11 21:56 GMT (UK) »
Hello again,
I can't give you any definite proof but I think the connection is pretty susbstantial. The only death record I could find for Alfred in Victoria was parents unknown so that was a dead end. I knew Alfred married Sarah Waterman and had a daughter Ellen Maria 1854 in Victoria. I did a Google search on "Alfred King + Sarah Waterman" and came up with a Genforum entry which had in it as follows :-

" In turn, John m. Sarah Waterman in 1843. IGI shows a John natcott Criddle marrying Sarah in that year, subsequently they're show as having two children, Rebecca b.1843, and Sarah, b.1847. But our family line shows James b. 1845 and Charles b. Abt 1846.
Sarah Waterman then married Alfred King in 1852, and took the two boys to Australia, landing Melbourne in Dec. 1852."

That set me off on the trail of their ancestry. The next piece in the puzzle was this thread itself where your census entries mention that Alfred was born in Clatworthy. This led me to the excellent site  http://www.pbenyon1.plus.com/PR_Index.html where I was able to piece most of the family together. I found the marriage of Sarah Waterman to John Natcot 1843 then Sarah Natcott to Alfred Ring 1852. (King would look like Ring to a transcriber.)
Maybe you would like to contact me on lynt(the at symbol) winshop.com.au to talk further.
Lyn

Offline lynt_1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 02 March 11 22:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi Vicki,

I am back again, I don't quite understand what you are saying about the shipping records in this quote

(I have found age 19 the family on the Vic. shipping lists which also has a William KING age 19 (could be his younger brother which also fits my family) BUT has another Sarah King age 27. Sister to them maybe? If she is then this is not my Alfred  :(, as I have Sarah m.Richard Larcombe 3/7/1854. With 2 children Edwin 3 & Walter 5, they migrated to Australia  2 April, Portsmouth, Hampshire, England arr. 27 Jul 1857, Sydney NSW. Info given on the immigration listing of the ship "Tartar". parents  James & Patience. Brother Albert in Australia. Was hospitalised on ship)

Can you tell me which ship so that I can check the entries. I know Sarah King m. Richard Larcombe and came to Australia. I suspect that William moved to London and is the father of Alfred William the grandson but could be wrong. I didn't know John also came to Australia, that was interesting. Can you give me some more information on this line so that I can check it out.
Thanks
Lyn

Offline Vic H

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 03 March 11 00:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lyn
I have found age 19 the family on the Vic. shipping lists which also has a William KING age 19 (could be his younger brother which also fits my family) BUT has another Sarah King age 27. Sister to them maybe? If she is then this is not my Alfred  , as I have Sarah m.Richard Larcombe 3/7/1854. With 2 children Edwin 3 & Walter 5, they migrated to Australia  2 April, Portsmouth, Hampshire, England arr. 27 Jul 1857, Sydney NSW. Info given on the immigration listing of the ship "Tartar". parents  James & Patience. Brother Albert in Australia. Was hospitalised on ship

This is the entry for Alfred in the Index to Assisted British Immigration 1839-1871
This is an index to VPRS 14 Register of Assisted British Immigrants 1839-1871
KING   ALFRED   25   DEC   1852   PERSIAN   7   132   
KING   CHARLES   2   DEC   1852   PERSIAN   7   132   
KING   EMILY   6   DEC   1852   PERSIAN   7   132   
KING   JAMES   8   DEC   1852   PERSIAN   7   132   
KING   SARAH   27   DEC   1852   PERSIAN   7   132   
KING   SARAH   24   DEC   1852   PERSIAN   7   132   
KING   WILLIAM   19   DEC   1852   PERSIAN   7   132

The Confusion is the 2 Sarahs & William   
1..IF one of the Sarah's is his sister then this Alfred & family is not my Alfred as Sarah king (larcombe) was already in Australia
2. William brother ? possible right age  ;D
3. only other scenario would be if the Sarah was wife of William, however at the moment i havent found a m. entry for them
4. BUT again on Sarah Larcombes immig. she doesnt mention another brother being in the colony.
5. If William migrated to Australia in 1852 then he cannot be the father of Albert W King b. in 1862 (which is what I am tackling at the moment, thinking illegitement son of one of the girls & subsequently raised by Patience. (grmother)
so  ??? not at all if this Alfred entry is the right alfred  :-\

In turn, John m. Sarah Waterman in 1843. IGI shows a John natcott Criddle marrying Sarah in that year, subsequently they're show as having two children, Rebecca b.1843, and Sarah, b.1847. But our family line shows James b. 1845 and Charles b. Abt 1846.
Sarah Waterman then married Alfred King in 1852, and took the two boys to Australia, landing Melbourne in Dec. 1852
This family took all 3 children you are missing Emily
Will try to send via pers. email of what i have( for some reason I cannot attach an image the function isnt working).
 between the 2 of us I'm sure we can fig. this out. regards Vicki

Offline lynt_1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 03 March 11 20:56 GMT (UK) »
Hi Vicki

I see what you mean about the 2 William & 2 Sarah.
I can tell you that Sarah 27 is "my" Sarah as when she died in 1916 her parents are listed as John Waterman & Mary. The last 2 are a problem aren't they :(
Lyn