Author Topic: Barbara Emmett baby photograph Australia( Perth?)  (Read 7589 times)

Offline Cell

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Two words that can change the world "Thank You"
    • View Profile
Barbara Emmett baby photograph Australia( Perth?)
« on: Friday 29 February 08 04:26 GMT (UK) »
Long shot: I have in my possesion this  photo  below ( it's the postcard type) which I guess was taken around1920 - even 30's ? . Studio name embossed onto the picture is"Hill and Webb"
On the back of the photo it says " Barbara Emmett  age 1 year and 1 month " .
I'm guessing it may have been taken in Perth as it came with other photo's that were taken in  various Perth studios.
 I'm hoping someone will recognise the name , I'd be happy to send it on to the family who it belongs to. It really is a beautiful photo it would be a shame for the family to lose it.

Census information in my posts are crown copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.u

Offline Cell

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Barbara Emmett baby photograph Australia( Perth?)
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 01 October 15 01:44 BST (UK) »
Hi,
Bumping this up too
Anyone out there searching for their family consisting of little Barbara Emmett Australia born first half of the 1900's?
I have photos of some ladies too that came with it, but this one has a name on it

I can't give them away, perhaps I  should put them on EBay, I've had these for ages with no claims on them.

Kind regards :)

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 18 December 15 10:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi Cell,
   I see there is a possible marriage for Barbara in 1956 http://www.wamarriage.info/

By the way there is an enthusiastic group on facebook - Unidentified Photos Australia
https://www.facebook.com/groups/263643847036979/    They recently contacted me (having tracked down that I was related to some people in their photos) and sent them to me.  It was very exciting.

Perhaps you could join the group and post your photos there and join in their sleuthing.

regards,
   Ros
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 18 December 15 10:43 GMT (UK) »
Whoops I should also mention that there is a very active group of researchers on the rootschat Australia board so perhaps you could ask for your thread to be moved there (as well as the W.J.Harris thread)

regards
   Ros
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline DavidG02

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 18 December 15 10:50 GMT (UK) »
It looks as if Barbara may have been born c1931 as there is a newspaper notice ( with picture) of a Deb Ball in 1952

If she is from WA

Edited: Looks as if this WA Emmett may have been born 1938 as a further newspaper notice suggests she was 12 in 1950

http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/article/146739936?
Genealogy-Its a family thing

Paternal: Gibbins,McNamara, Jenkins, Schumann,  Inwood, Sheehan, Quinlan, Tierney, Cole

Maternal: Munn, Simpson , Brighton, Clayfield, Westmacott, Corbell, Hatherell, Blacksell/Blackstone, Boothey , Muirhead

Son: Bull, Kneebone, Lehmann, Cronin, Fowler, Yates, Biglands, Rix, Carpenter, Pethick, Carrick, Male, London, Jacka, Tilbrook, Scott, Hampshire, Buckley

Brickwalls-   Schumann, Simpson,Westmacott/Wennicot
Scott, Cronin
Gedmatch Kit : T812072

Offline Cell

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 08 March 16 23:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi ,
oops I didn't see your replies back in Dec, a belated thank you :). I don't tend to get notifications when someone posts to my threads. I've only just noticed your replies now whilst browsing this board
I will look at the links - thank you again David and Ros

Kind Regards :)