Author Topic: Another LEE family  (Read 6571 times)

Offline Romany Knaves

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Another LEE family
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 08 January 14 11:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi'
I see the surname of Monk a common Surname in my North Kent town a very dark skinned family just been to one of their daughters wedding's also the Lee family other friend's who moved over from Essex in the late 1800's but had originally the surname of Emmett and adopted the Lee surname by a marriage my own distant Lee grandparents had been in Kent since the mid 1700's.
ESSEX, KENT, LONDON, SUFFOLK, SUSSEX.
Bachelor, Baker, Beeny, Boswell, Brazil, Burgess, Carter, Clements, Cooper, Cornelius, Collins, Day, Dobson, Eastwood, Ellis, Farr, Fairbeard, Harris, Holland/s, Jenkins, Jones, Kennett, K/nave/s, Lyon, Lee, Penfold, Ransley, Robert/s, Reeve/s, Smith, Stone, Thompsett, Tomsit, Wood/s.

Offline charlieo

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Another LEE family
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 25 February 14 00:56 GMT (UK) »
My wifes line comes from alexander emmet born 1845 his mother was sussannah lee i have found the lineage in a book the family trees of thomas and damon lee and alexander used the name lee and have found him and wife gentillia (eldon) living as lee and also using the name small which is gentilias mothers name,my wifes grandfather was frank small who was alexander emmetts grandson
lee family/emmett family/small family kent-susex