Author Topic: Young and Stevens  (Read 1056 times)

Offline eise

• RootsChat Member
  • Jessie and Margaret Bird -my grandparents 1909
    • View Profile
Young and Stevens
« on: Sunday 02 March 08 18:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi out there,

I am searching for the death of Thomas Young.  he was my great grandfather and he could have been bureid anywhere.  The main places are Bedfordshire; Northamptonshire; Shropshire.  He is supposed to have died abt 1926 he would have been abt 75 yrs old.
Secondly I am also searching for the place of birth for a Joseph stevens and his son Ernest.
I only know of Joseph through Ernest's marriage certificate which i have a copy of.  No mention of place of birth.  Joseph was a comedian at the time of this marriage 1903.  Ernest was 21;  He is also named as a comedian on this certificate.  My second great grandfather owned a portable theatre and he was always advertising for actresses and comedians;  It is possible that my great aunt Blanche nee Young and Ernest met through this as she was an actress in this theatre. 
I have Blanche's full BMD records;  But the Stevens family have been very difficult to trace so far. I hope someone can help. 
eise
Burton Latimer; Isham; Rushden; Raunds; Great Addington;
Cheshire; Northants; Bedfordshire; Hereford;

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Young and Stevens
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 02 March 08 18:13 GMT (UK) »
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)