Author Topic: Help me please!!!!  (Read 791 times)

Offline muddin101

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Help me please!!!!
« on: Sunday 02 March 08 20:13 GMT (UK) »
let me start off by saying thanks to all that will help me.  But back on the subject.  I need help with family research.  My ggggrandfather (robert thomas pollock gammel) came to the United States from Ireland, originally he was a pollock but when he came over here he was taken in by the gammel family.  I dont know if they adopted him or if he just assumed the name.  But after that he would call himself p thomas gammel and then eventually robert gammel or robert thomas gammel.   The parents that took him in were named C.H. Gammel and Martha Elizabeth Oaks.  I dont know when he came over or where he was born in Ireland.  Any help would be greatly apprecitated!! thanks in adavance..
         God Bless!! :D

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: HELP ME PLEASE!!!!
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 02 March 08 20:25 GMT (UK) »
Hello and a warm welcome to Rootschat :)

Do you know any dates at all in relation to Robert? Who did he marry, and where did he live after marriage? How do you know about C.H. Gammel and Martha Elizabeth Oaks?

Any information you can provide will help Rootschatters to help you.

Anna :)
Ayr: Barnes, Wylie
Caithness: MacGregor
Essex: Eldred (Pebmarsh)
Gloucs: Timbrell (Winchcomb)
Hants: Stares (Wickham)
Lincs: Maw, Jackson (Epworth, Belton)
London: Pierce
Suffolk: Markham (Framlingham)
Surrey: Gosling (Richmond)
Wilts: Matthews, Tarrant (Calne, Preshute)
Worcs: Milward (Redditch)
Yorks: Beaumont, Crook, Moore, Styring (Huddersfield); Middleton (Church Fenton); Exley, Gelder (High Hoyland); Barnes, Birchinall (Sheffield); Kenyon, Wood (Cumberworth/Denby Dale)