Author Topic: Death of Robert Williams, Penrhyn-side, Llandudno  (Read 12975 times)

Offline gwyilliams

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Death of Robert Williams, Penrhyn-side, Llandudno
« on: Sunday 02 March 08 23:12 GMT (UK) »
Look-up help please: I am trying to track down the death of my Great-Grandfather, ROBERT WILLIAMS, B. 28 Jan 1863, at Ty'n Rhewl, Llandudno. s/o GABRIEL WILLIAMS and ELLIN EVANS.  He lived in Penrhyn-Side from about 1900.

I believe he died after Feb. 1926 and before April 1951. He is mentioned on my Grand-Aunt's 2 nd. marriage cert. as deceased, and not noted as so on her 1st. marriage cert. so I assume he died between those times.

I would be grateful for any assistance in this.

Robert Williams.

Offline titch

• RootsChat Member
  • member of both Gwynedd and Clwyd Family History
    • View Profile
Re: Death of Robert Williams, Penrhyn-side, Llandudno
« Reply #1 on: Monday 03 March 08 21:03 GMT (UK) »
The archive office at Llandudno have Llandudno burials on CD and are willing to do 'look ups' for people.
Why not contact them by email:

archifau.archives@conwy.gov.uk

Tel: 01492 860882

Good luck,
Titch
Williams, Roberts, Jones, in Merioneth,  Flintsshire, Denbigh and Caernarfonshire, Hughes in Caernarfonshire and Liverpool , Arnold, Mongomeryshire, Caernarfon and Denbighshire
Higgins in Kent/Essex

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline gwyilliams

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 03 March 08 21:25 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Titch, a good email address to have.
Robert Williams

Offline titch

• RootsChat Member
  • member of both Gwynedd and Clwyd Family History
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 03 March 08 23:55 GMT (UK) »
You re most welcome.

The staff at this office are more than helpful and very friendly. I have reveived a lot of help and guidance from them.

Titch :)
Williams, Roberts, Jones, in Merioneth,  Flintsshire, Denbigh and Caernarfonshire, Hughes in Caernarfonshire and Liverpool , Arnold, Mongomeryshire, Caernarfon and Denbighshire
Higgins in Kent/Essex

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Dai Llan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 03 October 08 10:41 BST (UK) »
This might be him in a book on houses in Penrhynside, there is a copy in Penrhyn Bay Library
"2 Woodbine Terrace Pendre Road Penrhynside first owned 1900 by Robert Williams and his wife Mary who had previously lived at Penrhyn Cottage Pendre Road.Also living with them was Jane Roberts probably Mary,s mother who died there March 1904 at the age of 81,and was buried at Llanrhos.By 1906 Robert and Mary moved to Mona Terrace Pendre Road". My research was only with Woodbine Terrace but if you could get a look at the book for that terrace he tells you quite a lot, unfortunately they don't sell copies of the book so it will need someone to call to check
Located near Manchester
Jones-Hughes Eglwysbach-Llangwstenin-Llandrillo yn Rhos-Colwyn Bay-Old Colwyn-Llanelian
Hughes Eglwysbach-Llandrillo yn Rhos-Colwyn Bay-Llanelian
Owen Eglwysbach-Llandudno
Williams Eglwysbach-Llandudno-Penrhynside-Macclesfield
Edwards Llandudno
Green Llanbeblig-Caernarvon
Evans Llanbeblig-Caernarvon

Offline gwyilliams

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 03 October 08 13:51 BST (UK) »
Thanks Dai,
Yes, My family did live at no. 2 Woodbine Terrace,  They later moved along Pentre Road to 'Holme Dale' in Mona Terrace.
I am most interested in obtaining a copy of this book, The title of the book, the Author, Publisher, etc. and how might I borrow this ,in light of the fact I live in Canada and I would think libraries take a dim view of loaning a book outside the U.K..
I will contact Penrhyn Libary and see how they can help. Would be most interested in any further info you on the local history.Would you be able to get the email address of  The Penrhyn Bay Libary?
Thank you so much for this info it fits in perfectly with the little that I have on the Williams of Penrhyn Side.
Robert Williams

Offline Dai Llan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 04 October 08 10:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Robert
              Unfortunately these three A5 size Paperbacks were written more like local newsletters than commercial publications and are long out of print,i cant remember the author etc., but the lady librarian knew about them, as this library is a small one room building (smaller than a UK bungalow) if you contact them two are an overview of the social living aspect and the one i used was "People and Houses of Penrhynside" www.llyfr.lib.penrhyn@conwy.gov.uk Senior Library Assistant:Morag Wight (there is only 2 staff) The only info i have as i live away from the area was about my GG Nain/Taid who lived at No 1 Woodbine for many years (the last person in the village who could of given us verbal records passed away last year) If you PM your e mail address to me i can send you the scan of the page i have
Located near Manchester
Jones-Hughes Eglwysbach-Llangwstenin-Llandrillo yn Rhos-Colwyn Bay-Old Colwyn-Llanelian
Hughes Eglwysbach-Llandrillo yn Rhos-Colwyn Bay-Llanelian
Owen Eglwysbach-Llandudno
Williams Eglwysbach-Llandudno-Penrhynside-Macclesfield
Edwards Llandudno
Green Llanbeblig-Caernarvon
Evans Llanbeblig-Caernarvon

Offline morag_wight

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 26 November 09 00:11 GMT (UK) »
Morag Wight from Penrhyn Bay Library

The author of the book you have been discussing is Kenneth Dibble, he has written a few books on Penrhynside

As far as I am aware, the author is alive and well and still living in Penrhyn Bay.

Copies of his publications are available in Penrhyn Bay Library, they are out of print, but I believe that you can still request copies from him.    If you wish, I can attempt to contact him and request copies to be sent to you.   

Best regards
Morag Wight

Senior Library Assistant
Penrhyn Bay/Llandudno Libraries

Offline sephjonesdavies

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 15 March 12 16:08 GMT (UK) »
Hello Robert,

I believe you have been looking up your Llandudno family.   I am your cousin, Eirlys, and my mother was your Great Aunt Alice.   She and my father, Arthur, had the grocer shop at the top of Mostyn Street (it was called Pierce & Co).   Mum passed away in 1999.   I remember your Grandmother (Alice's sister) Annie and used to visit her in Rhyl.   I have a photo of her somewhere (which I will look up for you) when she was a patient at the Royal Alexandra Hospital in Rhyl.  I have the family Bible with birth dates of your Great Grandfather (Robert) and your Great Grandmother (Mary) and their children.

Please contact me if you would like copies.   I also have the booklets on Ochr Penrhyn which have been mentioned, if you have not been able to track them down yet.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Eirlys