Author Topic: Descendants of Letitia PARTRIDGE and Silas NOYES  (Read 13237 times)

Offline marem

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Descendants of Letitia Partidge and Silas Noyes
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 01 November 08 06:08 GMT (UK) »
Silas Noyes came to Australia in 1831 on the Georgiana as a convict, sentenced to 7 years.  He is sent to Maitland, NSW to be employed by T. Bloomfield.  He is given a ticket of leave in 1835 and then a certificate of freedom in 1839.  He has a number of children, including a Silas (born in England in 1822) who also comes to Australia marries Ellen Butler of Clonmel, Ireland (1824-1889).  They are married in 1842 in Maitland, NSW.  They have nine children of whom one is Henry, born 1854, Sydney NSW  (dies 1935) who marries Rebecca Coulehan (1863 Bargo Brush, NSW to 1936 Concord West, NSW).  They are married in 1883 in Sydney and have seven children.

Offline chardine

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 03 November 08 15:11 GMT (UK) »
Marem

Have sent you an e-mail re your post with our e-mail address for reply
Mynott (Cambridgeshire/Suffolk), Hall (Cambridgeshire), Drake (Cambridgeshire/Derbyshire/Suffolk), Taylor (Cambridgeshire), Fletcher (Berkshire), Prior (Berkshire), Slatter (Berkshire), Gibbs (Berkshire)

Offline kallie50

• RootsChat Member
  • ready for bed
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 06 November 08 11:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Silas and Letitia are my 4 x great grandparents.  I would love to exchange information with you and any other of their descendants. 
My Ancestors were....
4 x gr grandparents  -  Silas & Leticia
3 x        "                   -  Eliza Noyes & John Richards
2 x        "                   -  Harriet Rosamund Richards and William Henry Williams
1 x        "                   -  Elizabeth Williams George Robertson
          grandmother   -  Myra Christina Robertson

Northumberland:  Mather, Walton, Hogg, Pearson
Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berkshire: Noyes, Howard, Partridge

Offline kallie50

• RootsChat Member
  • ready for bed
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 06 November 08 11:26 GMT (UK) »
sorry  -  I'm just new at this - forgot to give my name.  Also, I'm not sure how to supply my email address.

Regards
Lynne
Northumberland:  Mather, Walton, Hogg, Pearson
Wiltshire, Hampshire, Berkshire: Noyes, Howard, Partridge

Offline chardine

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 06 November 08 13:20 GMT (UK) »
Lynne

Have sent you an e-mail re your post with our e-mail address for reply
Mynott (Cambridgeshire/Suffolk), Hall (Cambridgeshire), Drake (Cambridgeshire/Derbyshire/Suffolk), Taylor (Cambridgeshire), Fletcher (Berkshire), Prior (Berkshire), Slatter (Berkshire), Gibbs (Berkshire)

Offline chardine

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 13 November 08 15:37 GMT (UK) »
Lynne

Have sent you a further e-mail re your reply your our post.

Hopefully you have received it OK; was experiencing difficulty this end during the US presidential election

Christine and Richard

Offline Poppetau

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 20 November 08 11:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi Kristy77,

My husband is also a descendant of Silas and Letitia, through their daughter Eliza. I too would love to be included on any details you have on Noyes story. Many thanks
Michelle

Offline chardine

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 24 November 08 07:04 GMT (UK) »
Michelle

Have sent you an e-mail via the roots message system

Chardine

Offline chardine

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 03 December 08 06:45 GMT (UK) »
Silas Noyes and Letitia Partridge had 7 children of whom George, Eliza, Silas and Hannah Stit married and had family in Australia.

Having now through Rootschat become acquainted with 4 living descendants of Eliza and 1 living descendant of Silas it would be really nice to explore Silas and Letitia’s history further by making contact with other living descendants of any of their children.