Author Topic: Annyalla , Drumgallon , Co. Monaghan  (Read 21180 times)

Offline maguiresite

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Annagh, Annyalla , Castleblayney, Co. Monaghan
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 21 September 17 21:06 BST (UK) »
"I have a bunch of old photos" Do you intend to share these with us?

I wish this had shown up two weeks ago. I just returned from 10 days in Ireland which included 3 in Annyalla with a morning spent in St. Michael's cemetery. I noticed several Flannigan graves but didn't take note of them.

I was with my cousin who spent her summers with her grandmother in Cloughan and she has a ferocious memory.

From the picture I posted earlier of Mrs. Flannigan and Anne Dympna Gannon, we were able to track down the house in the background and found that Jerry Flannigan a relative of Mrs. Flannigan is the current owner.

My Mrs. Flannigan (Minnie) was the school teacher for the area (Annyalla National School?) and was married to the sergeant of the local constabulary. The house on the Clontibret Road was the local CIS barracks but it was never attacked during the revolution out of respect for the school teacher.

Her husband's name wasn't mentioned. They had two daughters Bridget and Christine and a son whose name I didn't get. Bridget married a chemist and moved to Dublin. Christine just disappeared and I think the son died youngish.

Jerry Flannigan owns the house now

There is an effort on at St. Michael's to identify all the gravesites. As soon as I have them loaded I will post images of the map they have posted in the entry of the church. It only lists the first person for each grave but it might be some help.
[/quote]

Offline maguiresite

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Annyalla , Drumgallon , Co. Monaghan
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 04 November 17 18:24 GMT (UK) »
The funeral of Aunt Minnie's Son Dean Packie Flanagan in Enniskillen.

Offline jamestonrey3

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 08 April 18 04:20 BST (UK) »
I wish this had shown up two weeks ago. I just returned from 10 days in Ireland which included 3 in Annyalla with a morning spent in St. Michael's cemetery. I noticed several Flannigan graves but didn't take note of them.

I was with my cousin who spent her summers with her grandmother in Cloughan and she has a ferocious memory.

From the picture I posted earlier of Mrs. Flannigan and Anne Dympna Gannon, we were able to track down the house in the background and found that Jerry Flannigan a relative of Mrs. Flannigan is the current owner.

My Mrs. Flannigan (Minnie) was the school teacher for the area (Annyalla National School?) and was married to the sergeant of the local constabulary. The house on the Clontibret Road was the local CIS barracks but it was never attacked during the revolution out of respect for the school teacher.

Her husband's name wasn't mentioned. They had two daughters Bridget and Christine and a son whose name I didn't get. Bridget married a chemist and moved to Dublin. Christine just disappeared and I think the son died youngish.

Jerry Flannigan owns the house now

There is an effort on at St. Michael's to identify all the gravesites. As soon as I have them loaded I will post images of the map they have posted in the entry of the church. It only lists the first person for each grave but it might be some help.

Would you be able to post pictures of the map please? I believe I also have family buried in St. Michael's and would be grateful if I could verify that they are actually there before I go on a "wild goose hunt". I would very much appreciate it if you could do so. The families I am looking for are Conlon, Flanigan, and especially McKernan.

Thanks so much :)!

James

Offline maguiresite

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 13 April 18 12:27 BST (UK) »
 When that bunch of old photos are shared, then maybe we'll give some answers!

Offline coco112366

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 26 April 22 13:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Everyone

My name is Linda Flanagan the daughter of Gerry Flanagan and the house was  Home to me and My 6 Brother and one sister. Both Gerry and my Mum still live there . So lovely to see this

Offline Rapulju

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 13 September 23 14:08 BST (UK) »
Hi. I am interested in finding more info on these folks