Author Topic: Look up request for Thomas CAINES born 1890? **COMPLETED**  (Read 5980 times)

Offline Andi B

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Look up request for Thomas CAINES born 1890? **COMPLETED**
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 29 October 15 15:05 GMT (UK) »
Tom was one of 12 children. Charles, Fanny, Bessie, Emmie, George, Walter, Alice, Clarence(my Grandfather) & 3 others whose names I can't yet find. Ican give you birth & death dates if you wish. They were all born in Henstridge, Somerset. UK. In fact the family all lived in the same house in Henstridge for severalgenerations.
Tom's Parents were George & Louisa Caines.
George was married before he met Louisa but his first wife died after having a child, Henry.
George was one of 12 also. Fanny, Charles, Sarah, Betsey, William, Jane, Soloman Sarah, Henry, Mary Jane & Charles (again).
George's Parents were George & Ann Caines. I have only been able to trace 1 sibling for this George But I haven't yet used any websites such as Ancestry. All my research so far has been done in actual record offices, several years ago.
This George's Parents were James & Rachel Caines. I found a number of entries for this couple receiving money from the Poor fund, including money to buy a coffin when James died.
James' Parents wereJoseph & Grace Caines.
Joseph's Parents were James & Judith Caines. James was born around 1733.
I am about to begin more research soon using the internet. As I said, all of my research was done before these websites existed so it was quite hard work!
It was great to learn about Tom as my Dad knew of a rumour about him working & dying on the railway but I hadn't been able to verify it.
Let me know if you would like dates
Andi B