Author Topic: Matson Family DNA Project  (Read 1319 times)

Offline doverrog

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Matson Family DNA Project
« on: Wednesday 12 March 08 15:03 GMT (UK) »
If you are a member of the Matson family you may like to know that a DNA project is underway to establish family links.
Surnames in Project:
Madison, Matheson, Mathew, Mathewson, Matson, Mattason, Matterson, Matteson, Mattieson, Mattison

Requirements:
A Surname Project traces members of a family that share a common surname. Since surnames are passed down from father to son like the Y-chromosome, this test is for males taking a Y-DNA test. Females do not carry their father's Y-DNA and acquire a new surname by way of marriage, so the tested individual must be a male that wants to check his direct paternal line (father's father's father's...) with a Y-DNA12, Y-DNA37, or Y-DNA67 marker test. Females who would like to check their direct paternal line can have a male relative with this surname order a Y-DNA test. Females can also order an mtDNA test for themselves such as the mtDNA or the mtDNAPlus test and participate in an mtDNA project.
If this sounds interesting then please contact the Matteson Group Administrator rbeda@sbcglobal.net for more information.

I am a member of the Hurst DNA project and this is proving to be really interesting and worthwhile.

MATSON-East Kent.  HURST- Oxfordshire.

Offline Kingsleigh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Matson Family DNA Project
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 08 April 08 04:34 BST (UK) »
Hi
I am a female so I cannot participate in the DNA Project, but wonder if any info. is offered on how to connect with other Mathisons?  In particular I am searching for the family of Martha Mathison who was born c. 1790 in London, Middlesex, Eng.  She married a man from Kent, namely, Harry Baker, a tobacco pipe maker.  Thanks,
Kingsleigh
Baker, Matthison / Matthieson, Lees, Cooper, King, Meachin/Mekin

Offline doverrog

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 08 April 08 13:16 BST (UK) »
Can I suggest that you email the project administrator whose email address is shown in the previous posting.
I don't have any Mathison family in my records, I'm afraid.
MATSON-East Kent.  HURST- Oxfordshire.

Offline Kingsleigh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 08 April 08 15:06 BST (UK) »
Thanks, doverrog, I likely will. K
Baker, Matthison / Matthieson, Lees, Cooper, King, Meachin/Mekin