Author Topic: Surname SCOTT  (Read 3476 times)

Offline norfolkgal

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Surname SCOTT
« on: Wednesday 12 January 05 08:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi all,
In my GreatGrandfather's obituary it states that he had sons in Ireland, Canada and S Africa. I have found a son in South Africa and now wish to find out which one(s) went to Canada
My GreatGrandfather was John Bullen SCOTT and he died in 1914. He lived in Hilgay, Norfolk., England.
Contenders for the son(s) who went to Canada are -
John Thomas born 1877 last found on the 1891 census in England
George born 1873 and last found on the 1891 census in England
Frederick John born 1863 and last found on the 1891 census in England.

I have looked at the Ellis Island site and if he(they) went through there then they must be one of the ones without much details as I can't find him (them).
Any ideas where I should go from here?
Thanks for any help.
Norfolkgal 

Nfk-ADCOCK,BOWMAN,BRUNDLE,BULLEN,CARNELL,CLARK,CURTIS, DOWNING,DUFFIELD,DUNN,EVERETT,FINCHAM,FULLER,GAPLEY,GUYMER, HARRIS,HENSBY,HOWSE,HUBBARD,KENT,LINCOLN,MANN,MASON,MILES,
MITCHELL,NEAL,PAGE,PALMER,PIGOTT,RATTHAM,RICHES,RIX,RUST,
SCOTT,STEGGLES,THOMPSON,TILLS,WALE,WHITE
Cambs-BUZZARD,CRICK,COX,DARLEY,FLINDERS,GARRETT,GREEN, GROUNDS,HOLLINSTEAD,NORMAN,PAYNE,TYERS,WILKINSON
Sfk-BULL,COWELL,FINCHAM,MASON,TOKELOVE,TRETT
Chesh-BLACKBRUFF,BROWN,BURNS,LEAH,MAJOR,NOMEN,ROBERTS,
ROBINSON,WARING

Offline ShannonScottPalmer

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Surname SCOTT
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 09 March 05 18:04 GMT (UK) »
Hey norfolkgal,

I may have a little info on John, that is if it is the same one.  My great-grandfather was John Scott and he was borned in Scotland around 1877. He married a Isabella Wilson(not sure if that is the last name) in Scotland around 1899 and later went to Canada. We think they went at different times, John first. While in Canada, he built a chruch there(he was a stone mason). They had maybe 6 children when they left Scotland, William, Arnie, Isabelle, Margret, Andrew, Jennie, and later in Indiana my grandfather, Thomas and Royer.  They ended up in Indiana in 1911. But that is all the info I have so far. I just started researching my genealogy. So if this him, any info you could give me would be great!   Thanks

Offline norfolkgal

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Surname SCOTT
« Reply #2 on: Friday 11 March 05 13:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
Oh how I wish I could say this was my john Scott. I don't know if he went to Scotland but I do know that he wasn't born there. He was born in Ten Mile Bank, Hilgay, Norfolk which is about 400 miles from Scotland. I wish I had better news.
Good luck with your research.
Norfolkgal
Nfk-ADCOCK,BOWMAN,BRUNDLE,BULLEN,CARNELL,CLARK,CURTIS, DOWNING,DUFFIELD,DUNN,EVERETT,FINCHAM,FULLER,GAPLEY,GUYMER, HARRIS,HENSBY,HOWSE,HUBBARD,KENT,LINCOLN,MANN,MASON,MILES,
MITCHELL,NEAL,PAGE,PALMER,PIGOTT,RATTHAM,RICHES,RIX,RUST,
SCOTT,STEGGLES,THOMPSON,TILLS,WALE,WHITE
Cambs-BUZZARD,CRICK,COX,DARLEY,FLINDERS,GARRETT,GREEN, GROUNDS,HOLLINSTEAD,NORMAN,PAYNE,TYERS,WILKINSON
Sfk-BULL,COWELL,FINCHAM,MASON,TOKELOVE,TRETT
Chesh-BLACKBRUFF,BROWN,BURNS,LEAH,MAJOR,NOMEN,ROBERTS,
ROBINSON,WARING