Author Topic: Darcys of Duniry (Donohoe, Clarke, Shiel)  (Read 12029 times)

Offline QueenD

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Darcys of Duniry (Donohoe, Clarke, Shiel)
« on: Thursday 13 March 08 21:38 GMT (UK) »
My great grandfather, Thomas Darcy, was a postman in Duniry.  Had one sister, Mary.  Married Bridget "Mamada" Murphy from Castledermot, Co. Kildare.  She worked for Lord Westmeath, handling his affairs, and traveled to Palace, Duniry with him.

Kids:
MaryAnn "Dolly" XXXX
Rose - XXXX
Michael "Sonny" XXXX

Any info about the Darcy family further back?  Or Shiels Clarkes or Donohoes?  Anyone related?

Thanks,
Dee

Moderator's Note: Edited to remove details of possible living people in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc, etc.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline von haig

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Darcys of Duniry (Donohoe, Clarke, Shiel)
« Reply #1 on: Monday 12 May 08 18:23 BST (UK) »
My dads name was John Donohoe, he would have been the 2nd youngest of 10 i think'
In no order....

Martin, Tomjoe,Peter, Tessie, Sister vincent (Anne), Sister Delia and James (Brother Camillus).

My Mums name is Erna Donohoe. My Brother Peadar, sister Erna and me.

Yours  Sean.

Offline grannypat5

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 04 May 09 22:03 BST (UK) »
1901 census from family history society D'Arcy from Duniry.
Eleanor D'Arcy married John Brady, he died 1899 and was a RIC member, they had Annie Theresa born 1884, Bridget Mary (in census it said Bidelia) 1886, Louisa Kathleen or catherine, 1887, Eleanor Frances, June 22, 1889 and Christine Margaret, December 26, 1890. Michael D'Arcy, brother, age 48,
Mother Anne D'Arcy 75, nephew James Lawrence D'Arcy age14 from Galway Town, a niece Mary Anne D'Arcy age 20.
Do these names mean anything to anyone? I believe that James Lawrence is the son of my great grandfather, James Lawrence D'Arcy who was a member of the RIC and married Mary J. O'Sullivan.

Offline QueenD

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 06 May 09 12:55 BST (UK) »
Sean, who was your father's parents?  Were they from Galway?

Grannypat5, I am going to show some relatives your info and see if it rings a bell.  I will get back to you.

Cheers,
Deirdre

Offline von haig

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 07 May 09 12:14 BST (UK) »
Hello Deirdre,
my fathers name was "John Donohoe" And he was from Duniry.

Thanks Sean.

Offline QueenD

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 07 May 09 12:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Sean  :)

I mean who is your father's PARENTS?

Thanks,
Deirdre

Offline QueenD

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 07 May 09 13:00 BST (UK) »
I was just looking at this site and found a bunch of D'Arcy postings.

http://www.labyrinth.net.au/~quibellg/galwayd.pdf

DARCY - John O'GRADY married to Margaret DARCY married in Killeenadeema in 1870, John passed in Loughrea, Margaret took all but one of her children to New Jersey. The one child that stayed was Patrick O'GRADY married to Mary MORAN, he passed on in 1917 in Loughrea.) Also looking for information on Mary WALSH who married John O'GRADY, he was from Loughrea and she was from Kenmare in Kerry Co. They were married in New Jersey USA. Mary WALSH's parents were Florence WALSH and Catherine CRONIN, Married in 1873 in Killarney. Any info would be helpful.), (*)

DARCY - (Looking for descendents of John F. DARCY born 1860 in Roscommon, Galway died in 1925. Married Mary Ann MONAHAN from Athlone (born 1864 died 1948.) Married in Roxbury MA. They had Michael 1886, Deliah, Margaret, John F., Thomas1898, and Catherine. He would be my great grandfather.), (*)

DARCY – (James DARCY born about 1845 & migrated to New York City about 1865. Married Mary MURPHY in 1872. They had 4 children: James, John, Owen, Mary. Lived & died in Kingston, NY.), (*)

DARCY or D'ARCY - (Mary Ann DARCY or D'ARCY was born about 1830 Galway came to Australia and married Hanson HOWARTH in St Francis Roman Catholic Church Melb 1853. Parents unknown, not found on shipping records so far. Mary Ann died in 1920. All children Were born in the Castlemaine district Victoria Aust.), (*)

D'ARCY - (John D'ARCY who was born 1836 or 37 and died 1896. His wife's first name was Margaret. They lived in Cambridge, MA. He came to America from Ireland, but we do not know where. He had a son John F. D'Arcy born 1878 and died in 1925.), (*)

D'ARCY - (Mary Frances D'ARCY was born in the Connemara region of County Galway about 1834-1840. She married William J. McWEENY from County Leitrim, and they both moved to Bradford, England in the 1860's. I am very interested in finding where Mary was born and who her parents were.), (*)

D'ARCY - (Looking for information on the children of James and Eliza D'ARCY from Loughrea, Galway: Bridget 1868, Patrick 1871, John 1876, Thomas 1879, Bernard 1882 and Mary Kate 1885. They all emigrated to the USA at different times, roughly 1890-1910. 2 other brothers Michael 1866, and James 1874 stayed in Ireland.), (*)

D'ARCY - (John Lionel D'ARCY (Born 12/21/1846) married Mary Henrietta HARTRICK (Born 2/6/1850) around 1870. Trying to find out what happened to this couple. They had four children: Francis Mary (born July 1872), Jane Hyacinthe (born Dec 1873), Standish Masterman (born July 1875), and John L. who died at 9 years of age. We believe that the couple split up after the death of the 9-year-old. Jane & Standish went to live with an Aunt and Uncle at a very early age. The oldest girl, Francis, went to live with Grandfather Major John Talbot D'ARCY in Castlepark, Roscommon. We don't show the couple ever reclaiming the children nor ever reconciling. Would love to find out what happened or any additional information for our family.) (*)
(*) who was looking for information on the family of John Talbot

D'ARCY and his son John Lionel, could you contact me, (*)

D'ARCY - (James D'ARCY, who was a constable with the RIC, probably born around 1861. He married Mary O'SULLIVAN (born 1866 or 68, died 1924) and they had 7 children: Lawrence (born~1888), Eleanor (*1890 in Limerick), May (or Mary) Frances (born 1892), Hugh Kemp (born 1894), Rose (born 1895), Madge (*1896) and Gerald (*1903). The family lived in Galway (Fair Hill), until all the children except Lawrence (or James Lawrence or even Michael Lawrence) emigrated to the United States (first lived in Brooklyn, NY) between 1912 and 1914/15. Maybe I can even find family members of the brother who remained in Ireland.), (*)

(*) Moderator Comment: names and e-mail addresses of other people removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline von haig

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 09 May 09 01:31 BST (UK) »
Hello Deirdre,

my Grandfathers name was "John Donohoe" And he was from Duniry. :)

You might see a pattern in this as my full nane is you guets it "John Donohoe"

And a lot of my family are still there around Duniry.

Thanks Sean.

Offline grannypat5

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 10 June 09 16:58 BST (UK) »

My cousin had posted about James D'Arcy RIC married to Mary J. O'Sullivan
found out that they had 8 children Daniel born in Galway May 1888, died August 16,1888, James Lawrence born in Galway about 1889, Eleanor 1890 in Limerick, Hugh Kemple 1893 in Limerick, Mary Frances, my grandmother, 1892 in Galway, Margaret Mary (Madge)1896 Limerick, Rose 1899 in Galway, Michael Gerald 1901 in Galway. All the children,But James, emigrated to the USA.
James was staying with the Brodys in Duniry in the 1901 and 1911 census.
the family was Catholic.
Would love to have information on the family that remained in Ireland.