Author Topic: Notification e-mails  (Read 1845 times)

Offline Nick Carver

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Notification e-mails
« on: Wednesday 12 January 05 20:41 GMT (UK) »
I have suddenly started to get e-mails notifying me that someone has replied to a thread to which I have contributed. Is this a new Rootschat feature or have I inadvertently checked an option on the profile page?

If it's the former, can I say that IMHO a notification mail is unnecessary given the incredibly useful 'Show new replies to your posts' link at the top of the page.
E Yorks - Carver, Steels, Cross, Maltby, Whiting, Moor, Laybourn
W Yorks - Wilkinson, Kershaw, Rawnsley, Shaw
Norfolk - Carver, Dowson
Cheshire - Berry, Cooper
Lincs - Berry
London/Ireland/Scotland/Lincs - Sullivan
Northumberland/Durham - Nicholson, Cuthbert, Turner, Robertson
Berks - May
Beds - Brownell

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline trystan

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-founder
    • View Profile
Re: Notification e-mails
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 12 January 05 20:51 GMT (UK) »
Well spotted, we have made the "email notification" switched on by default.

You can disable it if you wish by going to:
Profile>Notifications and Email>Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic.
Send RootsChat a postcard:
RootsChat.com, Europa House, Barcroft Street, Bury, Lancashire, BL9 5BT
Admin Tip: Forgotten your Username or Password and would like to reply to one of these messages?  CLICK HERE to get a reminder.
AOL Users: You may need to 'cut and paste' any links you get in emails for them to work.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.