Author Topic: 1813-1819 Wallsend Baptisms: BAINBRIDGE  (Read 2064 times)

Offline stephenaedwards

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
1813-1819 Wallsend Baptisms: BAINBRIDGE
« on: Wednesday 19 March 08 20:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi all,

John Bainbridge and Isabella Roberts married in Wallsend in 1813. I know of three children born in 1819, 1821 and 1823. I think that there must have been some more but have been unable to find any.

Is there anyone who can find any possible children?

Many thanks.

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Rosalie Mathilda Jönsson 1916-1999
    • View Profile
Re: 1813-1819 Wallsend Baptisms: BAINBRIDGE
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 19 March 08 23:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi Stephen,

Have been through the Wallsend BTs from 1813, found the marriage but the first baptism I found was Elizabeth Jan 14th 1821 dau of John & Isabella, father's occupation Heap Keeper, no other baptisms before that for those parents.

Barbara
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline stephenaedwards

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 20 March 08 04:33 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for checking Barbara.

In addtion to Elizabeth, the IGI also has:
- Rachael BAINBRIDGE: 11 APR 1819
- James BAINBRIDGE: 30 MAR 1823 (from whom I'm descended)

Both baptised in St. Peter's Church, Wallsend. I suppose the BTs have some gaps, right?

By the way, where/how did you view the Wallsend BTs from 1813?

Also, you said that you found the marriage between John and Isabella. May I ask what other details were given in the marriage entry?

Cheers

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 20 March 08 09:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi Stephen,

Wasn't sure if you had got the details from the IGI, so I did look there first, and saw they were member-submitted details, which aren't always reliable, however the baptisms of Elizabeth and James were both in the BTs with same details as you have there, just didn't see Rachael's.

Will go & check the marriage details and post later
Barbara
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 20 March 08 09:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Stephen

John Bainbridge pf this parish and Isabella Roberts of this parish married in this church by Banns 5th July 1813 witnesses Joseph Morden and James Smeaton

Barbara  :)