Author Topic: Uniform ID and dating please.  (Read 7349 times)

Offline littlefishlock

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Uniform ID and dating please.
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 09 May 12 13:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Wallis Creek, if you in box me your email address I will contact you directly. thank you.

Offline walliscreek

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 10 May 12 08:10 BST (UK) »
Email address PM'd to littlefishlock
With thanks
(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Offline Tarfm

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 07 October 14 22:50 BST (UK) »
James Wallis had a first wife, Anne Mann b. 1794 d. 1735. They married in 1820. Mary Ann Breach was second wife, and they had one child Frederick James Henry Turner Barnwell Wallis b. 12 Jun 1838 York Place, Clifton, Gloucestershire and died 12 Apr 1841. Alexander Tayler and Anne Wallis, sister to James, are my husband's 3rd great grandparents through their son Alexander. The bible of Lucy Hewson, mother of Anne and James Wallis and their siblings, went down the family line through Anne, and I have a copy.

Offline welshspencer

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Thursday 08 November 18 22:24 GMT (UK) »
Thats very interesting ,, in the bible of Lucy Hewson.can you tell me who the other siblings of James and Anne were please.. am trying to link with source a george 1784-1818..

thank you

James Wallis had a first wife, Anne Mann b. 1794 d. 1735. They married in 1820. Mary Ann Breach was second wife, and they had one child Frederick James Henry Turner Barnwell Wallis b. 12 Jun 1838 York Place, Clifton, Gloucestershire and died 12 Apr 1841. Alexander Tayler and Anne Wallis, sister to James, are my husband's 3rd great grandparents through their son Alexander. The bible of Lucy Hewson, mother of Anne and James Wallis and their siblings, went down the family line through Anne, and I have a copy.

Offline Tarfm

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 08 November 18 23:48 GMT (UK) »
Per Lucy’s bible, children are:
George 24Aug1784-15Apr1818
James 11Oct1785-12Jul1858
Margaret 7Jul1787-8Sep1877
Anne 1789-29Mar1870
William 11Feb1793-Mar1801
John 1794-still alive when she passed, based on comments in bible he got into trouble involving dishonesty of some type, we think he may have been transported to Australia as punishment (ultimate irony, if so). Found a record that seems to match but have not been able to confirm with 100% certainty.

If you are unaware, husband James, d. 13May1800 and Lucy d. 14Mar1825, both are buried in the family tomb in the churchyard of St. Finbarr’s Cathedral, in Cork. Several family are there - I don’t know who else, and the church records for this old part are not available online.

There is a note that George tore out and took bible pages pertaining to his family after Lucy died. If you know descendants, perhaps they still have them. There would have been general family info recorded by Lucy, or others on her behalf after she learned to write (taught by a son), on the reverse.

Offline welshspencer

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 09 November 18 00:13 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very kind of you , i have been trying for a while to get a source to George the son of Lucy, as I working on a project for someone,
I have been two sources away  from completing it , and and now thanks to you, only one more and thats his  Son , another George ,  George 1784 married, Alicia Freeman (1781-1846) and had  son George 1814-1891 i just need to find his birth to connect him to the above ....

thank you

Per Lucy’s bible, children are:
George 24Aug1784-15Apr1818
James 11Oct1785-12Jul1858
Margaret 7Jul1787-8Sep1877
Anne 1789-29Mar1870
William 11Feb1793-Mar1801
John 1794-still alive when she passed, based on comments in bible he got into trouble involving dishonesty of some type, we think he may have been transported to Australia as punishment (ultimate irony, if so). Found a record that seems to match but have not been able to confirm with 100% certainty.

If you are unaware, husband James, d. 13May1800 and Lucy d. 14Mar1825, both are buried in the family tomb in the churchyard of St. Finbarr’s Cathedral, in Cork. Several family are there - I don’t know who else, and the church records for this old part are not available online.

There is a note that George tore out and took bible pages pertaining to his family after Lucy died. If you know descendants, perhaps they still have them. There would have been general family info recorded by Lucy, or others on her behalf after she learned to write (taught by a son), on the reverse.