Author Topic: JEFFRIES ENGLAND TO CANADA  (Read 10452 times)

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: JEFFRIES ENGLAND TO CANADA
« Reply #18 on: Friday 10 April 15 22:52 BST (UK) »
I always hope that people come onto these sites wanting help and guidance, not to be spoon fed everything.

That was why I posted some links and suggestions.

I was waiting for treleavan to return if he ran into problems with finding the information.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 10 April 15 23:12 BST (UK) »
Sorry I am not having these type of discussions in the middle of a thread - especially a new poster - still consider your reply rude.

My deepest apologises Treleaven - this really is not the norm for the site - usually everyone is friendly and falls over backwards to help.

I looked on the family search site and there is a possible baptism 12 June 1836 Yardley Worcestershire which would fit George Lock. Parents George and Mary

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:J317-HZN

IF that was correct connection then the 1841 Census for a family in Solihull Yardley Worcester would fit them.
Not as much detail on a 1841 UK Census I'm afraid.

George Lock  30 Agricultural Lab. Not born in County.
Mary Lock  35 Not born in County.
George Lock  5 Born In County.
Samuel Lock  2 Born In County.

Sandra

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 13 April 15 09:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Teleaven,

Welcome to RootsChat :)

Yes, it is unfortunate that original poster hasn' t been back since 2010. There' s a message next to her profile on post saying her e mail address isn' t working and that she' s tuning off

I am sorry that we were not able to put you in touch with the original poster, sadly we had spotted that they had turned off their email notifications a while ago. The message is there to let people know that sadly there will not be a response from that member.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 14 April 15 12:30 BST (UK) »
The marriage certificate for John and Ada gave the father of John also John Jeffries - Bedstead Maker.
This would give this Jeffries family as a possibility

RG11 Piece 3002 Folio 54 Page 6  - 24 Court 8 House Lower Tower St Birmingham Warwickshire - all born Birmingham.

John Jeffries  33 Iron Bedstead Maker - Sarah Jeffries  30
John Jeffries  12  Wm. Jeffries  7
Ada Jeffries  4  Jane Jeffries  9 months. 
Edwin Bard  26 Iron Bedstead Maker.

Sandra
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday 14 April 15 12:40 BST (UK) »
and the same family in 1901 - RG13 Piece 2860 Folio 152 Page 5 - 1 Court 6 House Arthur Street Birmingham Warwickshire 1901
All born Birmingham.

John Jeffries  54 Machinist. Bedstead Maker - Worker. Sarah Jeffries  52
Janey Jeffries  20  - Annie Jeffries  17  - Caroline Jeffries  13
Harry Jeffries  11

Sandra

Offline jenbrie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 12 November 18 19:11 GMT (UK) »
Hello to all,

What à lovely surprise I got today coming back onto the site after a long absence and finding all the details about Ada and John.

I was surprised to see that Ada May was Ada Mary. Makes sense. You also seem to have made some discoveries regarding the Arnott family in Belleville.

Special thanks to Sandra and Sarah for all the info you have so generously dug up and shared

I m coming back after completing three years of extensive studies of my Grandfather s family ( Downer).  It revealed some interesting facts.Although he and his family were Irish I traced their ancestors back to the Isle of Wight!!

It also has turned up some interesting cousins, one of which has made à few trips to visit me here in Quebec City and with whom I ve been corresponding regurlarly.

As our first snow storm has hit and it looks like we re in for an early winter,
I m settling in for another winter of research and will be concentrating on my grandmother s side ( Jeffries). I ll try to add on to what you have found. You ve given me some very good leads

My question to you is...where do you fit in? Who are you all in relation to the Jeffries?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 12 November 18 19:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Welcome Back

I am not related at all,  just helping with the research. So shout if you need more.

Keep Warm
Regards
Sandra  ;)