Author Topic: Referring to the Claim A Record thread  (Read 3447 times)

Offline 7igerby7he7ail

• RootsChat Member
  • Where are they?
    • View Profile
Re: Referring to the Claim A Record thread
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 27 March 08 14:19 GMT (UK) »

Hello cousins [however distant!
Ah yes, I have a few cousins who married [ two of them in direct line]
Hardly surprising at a time when everybody was born,married and died within the same environs. A trip to the next village was an 'adventure'
I have one, not directly linked thank goodness who married his neice [illegal?]
Most of my Staffordshire ancestors up to the middle of the 19th century never moved more than 25 miles over a period of 350 years
Like you say, we go further back and virtually everyone alive at a certain time was 'an ancestor' phew.

Anyhow any rich cousins we are in need of donations to 'charity', look no further!

Tree
GAUNT N Staffordshire,GAUNT Manchester.GUY,Shropshire, BARTLEY,Salford, Lancs, NEVILLE,Salford. PHILLIPS,Staffs, MAYER,Staffs,COSSAR,Berwick, E and Mid Lothian and Argyll. HIGGINS,Glasgowand Dunoon,Argyll.GALLAGHER,Argyll,IRISH,Herts.

Offline nudge67

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 29 March 08 13:08 GMT (UK) »
My parents are theoretically (yet to be confirmed) 23rd cousins, once removed. Their apparent common ancestor is John "Tadody" de Braose (1198-1232), Lord of Bramber and Gower. Should I claim the record for most inbred?

Currently my research is focused on my daughter's antipodean immigrant pedigree, and her chart shows the following 99 people across 9 generations:

Herself and one cousin (b. 2005-07)
2x parents, 2 uncles and 2 aunts (b.1967-75)
4x grandparents (b.1927-44)
8x gt-grandparents (b.1889-1921)
14x 2gt-grandparents (b. 1837-1895)
24x 3gt-granparents (b.1807-65)
24x 4gt-grandparents (b.1794-1843)
12x 5gt-grandparents (b. 1791-1821)
5x 6gt-grandparents (b. 1783-1792)
NSW Convict 1836: Peter WIFFIN (alias VIVIAN)
VDL Convict 1841: Richard REES
SA Pioneers (<1847): Hornsby, Wallis, Willoughby, Floate, Mills, Chesson, Degenhardt.
SA Old Colonists (<1857): Messenger, Tyler, McFeat, Ladner, Edwards, Cassidy, Rhodes, Shaw, Waye, Sibly.
SA Colonists (<1901): Jones, Pike, Bowyer, Davey.

Offline 7igerby7he7ail

• RootsChat Member
  • Where are they?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 29 March 08 17:43 GMT (UK) »
In 1925 my wife’s 3rd cousin once removed married my 3rd cousin twice removed
Their ancestors had emigrated to New Zealand
Meaning of course that my wife and I were ‘related’ when we married. Their descs. are connected cousinwise to us both.
I just happened to be chasing a line that finished in New Zealand and spotted that one of them married a spouse with exactly the same forename as my wife’s ancestor.
As coincidences go, several months later their granddaughter contacted me [via GR] and enquired about the ancestors on my side.
We exchanged info, it was then I realised that she had ancestors that came from my wife’s side.

Tree
GAUNT N Staffordshire,GAUNT Manchester.GUY,Shropshire, BARTLEY,Salford, Lancs, NEVILLE,Salford. PHILLIPS,Staffs, MAYER,Staffs,COSSAR,Berwick, E and Mid Lothian and Argyll. HIGGINS,Glasgowand Dunoon,Argyll.GALLAGHER,Argyll,IRISH,Herts.

Offline Comosus

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 12 April 08 19:13 BST (UK) »
I have found:

2 parents
4 Grandparents
8 G Grandparents
16 GG Grandparents
32 3G Grandparents
59 4G Grandparents
77 5G Grandparents
50 6G Grandparents
30 7G Grandparents
17 8G Grandparents
7 9G Grandparents
2 10G Grandparents
2 11G Grandparents

Don't know anyone famous I'm related to though!