Author Topic: Looking for greenhalgh relatives.  (Read 17135 times)

Offline Simply Red

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for greenhalgh relatives.
« Reply #18 on: Monday 14 December 09 13:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi Gill, it was a surprise and very good to hear from you. Have a wonderful time in USA with your family and look forward to hearing from you again when you are back in UK. Maybe as both of us are novices at this geneology stuff we can exchange any information.
Kind regards, Keith

Offline Ellysa

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 09 June 10 20:11 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I am not sure if we would be related or not.  My Grandfathers name was James Nathinel Greenhalgh, he was born in Sullihul, & he married Betty Bragg also from Sullihul region.  Betty came from a family of 8 children.  I don't believe James had any siblings, however I believe both his parents came from latge families.

We have not been able to locate many of the Greenhalgh relatives.

Hope this might help.

Ellysa Greenhalgh.

Offline A.Enting

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 11 June 10 11:22 BST (UK) »
Hello Ellysa,  I cannot connect James Nathaniel to the family on my tree (but have not found all children born to the children of Samuel and Hannah Eliza Greenhalgh). I havn'nt heard for some while from recent greenhalgh relatives I spoke to a few months back. If they view this post or I hear from them, I shall certainly mention the name and they may recognise it. My Nathaniel McCreary married to Edna Greenhalgh, I have found a lot about recently and he was born in Scotland. I doubt I will research to much further into the Greenhalgh line are they are not direct ancestors of mine - but a sibling line included in my tree as they and my Emerson ancestors of Radcliffe, were very close and much respected and loved by my Mum and Aunt. However, I would still love to speak to anyone connected to the family. I shall keep this post in mind, as you never know when or where a connection will pop-up. I appreciate your difficulty tracing the Greenhalgh name as it is such a popular name in Lancashire - I had a few difficult moments but then some lucky breaks aided by family stories.
If Gill and Keith are reading this - I hope you are both well - I had responded to latest emails (though we have had email problems this end). It would be great to hear from you again.
Thank you all and Take care, Angela.  :)

iuH
Been researching lots - White, (O')Callaghans, Cleeve, Greenhalgh, Pollitt, Emerson, Bastard, and currently My Father's line - the Calverleys from Yorkshire.

Offline Lucykin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 11 May 12 10:50 BST (UK) »
I have some photos dated from the 1930s of some Greenhalgh relatives whom my mother visited in the 1930s. They include pictures of a Jim Greenhalgh and his parents with a pet dog (spaniel?) outside their house in Solihull -100 Alder hook road - does this mean anything to you? Could this Jim be your grandfather? There are a couple of pictures of a fair-haired child, apparently Jim's son Peter.

Offline A.Enting

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 12 May 12 22:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Lucykin,
Thank you for your email. I am afraid I cannot connect Jim or Peter with the Greenhalghs on my tree and to-date have not found my relatives in Solihull. Mine seemed to keep close in Radcliffe and Blackpool. It is a difficult one, the Greenhalgh name, there are so many Greenhalghs in that part of the country. Many thanks for your contact - you just never know were a connection will pop up. Wishing you good luck on the family tree hunt. kind regards, Angela.
Been researching lots - White, (O')Callaghans, Cleeve, Greenhalgh, Pollitt, Emerson, Bastard, and currently My Father's line - the Calverleys from Yorkshire.

Offline Lucykin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 14 May 12 13:08 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your reply, Angela; I'm sorry I can't help you either. In fact I meant really to direct my comments towards Elyssa Greenhalgh. I hope Elyssa might respond as she seemed to have connections in Solihull.
However, I also have Greenhalgh ancestors who lived in Radcliffe. If anyone has any photos/info about Nathaniel Greenhalgh (b 1957 in Darcy Lever) and his wife Alice Hilton (b 1857 in Tyldesley) or any of their 8 children, I would be very interested.

Offline goldy

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 14 May 12 13:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Does this name ring any bells for any one?
 Robert Greenhalgh  Bateson,

b. 1858
        Manchester
    m.  Isabella Rigg,
        Prestwich

I haven't been able to find why he called Greenhalgh yet.
Cooper     Camberwell. Manchester
Callow        I.O.M.
Ellis, Heatley, Hayden,  Manchester
Mellings     Mertha

Offline A.Enting

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 21 May 12 09:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Goldy - I'm sorry - I do not recognise Robert and Isabella. Good luck with your search. Angela.

Offline sueandal

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Sunday 11 November 18 18:40 GMT (UK) »
hi

not sure if this is the Greenhalgh relatives you are looking for but  my mums own mother is Ellen greenhalgh  married to Frederick Willett
 My Grandmother was from Ainsworth and her parents are Christopher Greenhalgh and Mary Jane Greenhalgh Born jones  x Christopher had brothers Samual and John and sisters Alice ,Maria,and Alice Jane Pollitt born Greenhalgh  and Mary Lancashire born Greenhalgh my nans Great grandfather was called John Greenhalgh married to Alice Greenhalgh x My nans Great uncles are Robert Greenhalgh and Thomas Greenhalgh  nans Great Auntie Is Betty greenhalgh x My nans Grandfather is Christopher Greenhalgh and Grandmother was Jane Greenhalgh   Jane was a Licensee of a inn called Royal Oak water lane Radcliffe in 1861