Author Topic: John Mailey  (Read 6141 times)

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: John Mailey
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 17 July 18 22:56 BST (UK) »
The only 'Alan' born 1925 in Ireland that I see is an Alan Hall registered July/Sept.1925 in Bailieborough district. Of course he might have been registered under another first and/or last name.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline jackie0051

• RootsChat Extra
  • Email is working again..
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 18 July 18 11:10 BST (UK) »
Many thanks Aghadowey, I've been trying to track down confirmation of my late father birth for the past 15 years but without success. His mothers family were Irish Travelling Showmen and at the time of his mothers pregnancy she should have been in education at a Catholic Convent in England with her other siblings but she obviously returned to Ireland and appears to have been supported by her parents before she went to the US in 1928. Her parents later separated and Dad seems to have been with his grandfather (Thomas Brennan) in Raphoe, he attended the Raphoe School where his grandfather is is listed as his guardian but no address shown, Dad was confirmed in Raphoe aged 10 yrs old but the records only show him living in Raphoe but no other details. Things have been made even difficult as I haven't been able to find any info regarding Dad's grandfather Thomas Brennan other than earlier ancestry via DNA. years ago I did have contact with a very old man in Raphoe who remembered my father at school and he remembered him living with the McElhinney's. Dad knew his birth father was name French/FFrench but I don't think he ever knew him, tracing via DNA I'm 99% sure I've found his father but he died in 1943 (New Zealand) without having any.. more children. Due to privacy I cannot put too much info re Dad's mother's Irish family as they are very well known and they cannot supply any info but were gobsmacked when I first contacted them about 10 years ago.
Brennan. Harden. McElhinney, Towhey, Lovely- Towhey, Loval Towhey. Pattingale, Bentley. Scott. Pool.
Kilkenny, Dublin, Co. Donegal. England. Berwick on Tweed. Birmingham. Manchester America, New York, Oregan.

Offline vincent terry

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 06 October 18 09:59 BST (UK) »
hi Jackie,i trust you are well, what other info do you have on John Mailey.

Offline rathmore

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 09 October 18 12:41 BST (UK) »
family search

http://www.familysearch.org

Isobella Mcelhinney marriage 1938 oct-dec

donegal resources

http://www.donegalgenelogy.com
click on Raphoe

Offline vincent terry

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 09 October 18 22:29 BST (UK) »
I know all there is to know about John,s time in Ireland, I’m interested in the information in England up until his death.