Author Topic: Trotts in England  (Read 11829 times)

Offline Neesha

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Trotts in England
« Reply #18 on: Monday 03 March 08 14:13 GMT (UK) »
also want to know that when people registerd for the British Royal Army or navy did they have to be on british soil or were the britishers here also considered..its all so complicated cos we have details of him from his family members that say he was there some people say he was here...

the thing is during the peiod of the british rule in india so many of them were down here and at that time when they were born if their births were registered here or there what catgory does that come under...how do i benefit from that..its all so complicated and confusing....

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 03 March 08 14:36 GMT (UK) »
They should have been registered with the British authorities in India - there were separate lists for military birth and civilian ones. I can't get my free access to overseas records on familyrelatives.com working at the moment. :( I hope they haven't sneakily done something to it, they're still claiming they're free.

"C & M Station" was a muncipality of Bangalore, so that's referring to the location in which he took the exam, not which exam he took.

J. Harrington Trott apparently was the author of 'Trott's Coloured Map of Railways in India' and related works. (re: Google Books). So he was probably working for the railways.

Also on fibis: In 1841 James Henry Trott married Margaret Harrington. Could these be James Harrington Trott's parents (grandparents?).
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Neesha

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 03 March 08 14:51 GMT (UK) »
must find out which municipalty of blore that comes under then....cos when i googled C& M it says its he coordination and maintanence committee for a factory or some equipment....the thing is that i still dont know if my grand dad was born in UK or India...If he was born in the UK then he may have come down when he was little and been in blore where he could have eventually registered for WW1 and then got married....

If he was in UK and fought in WW1 and only then came down to Blore also he may be registered somewhere...

The James Henry Trot  may be some distant relative of Danvers as 1841 is too soon a year for them to be james harrington trotts grandparents...Cos James was Danvers father and if danver was born in 1884 then his father and his grandparents would have been born in the early 1800's or even the late 1700's...

The are begining to be too many trotts now and too many ppl with the same names...lol....

Offline Neesha

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 03 March 08 15:11 GMT (UK) »
tell me something though....i know for a fact that the details given on the medal card are exact cos his son spoke of the same stuff and the details he's given me are exactly the same as on the medal card which states he was an acting sargent and that his corps was the oxs and bucks light infantry...will those guys have any info? and if so how can i get it...

cos the other names may just be coincidences or similarities but i know this medal card will be exact cos his son told me the same details...and if they are available would that have been for someone on UK soil alone or any britisher on Indian soil as well

Offline Neesha

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Does anone know these people???
« Reply #22 on: Monday 31 March 08 10:21 BST (UK) »
Hi this is response to a previous post I made here...Im trying to locate my family tree...

Im lookig for a Danvers Harrington Trott son of James trott..

he married Louise Margaret Satur and had 6 children

Elsie Margaret Trott who married Sydney Bertram Rozario

Clinton Joseph Harrington Trott died in Dec 1989

Ines Edgarina Dorothea Trott (also called Dorris and is my Grandmother as in my dad's mum ) married Vincent johnson (both deceased)

Ronald Charles Harrington Trott Bachelor deceased Feb 1963

Helen May Lousie Trott married Harry Peters and settled in UK

James Lawrence Harrington Trott married Jean Mary Philomena Rhyce

Does anyone know any of these people or is anyone related to them or come from this tree...Do let me know asIm trying to trace where I come from..

Regards,
Neesha

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Does anone know these people???
« Reply #23 on: Monday 31 March 08 10:31 BST (UK) »
what part of the world, what dates, ar we talking?

I think you may be best taking a more logical approach to tracing you r tree. Start with yourself, your birth certificate, and work back a step at a time. Do yuo know who your grandparetns were? and dates for them even of approximate? Can yuo  then find their marriage? etc etc

I see you have a granparent in your list Ines Johnson nee Trott - what sort of dates would she be around? Is she in England? likely to be on 1901 census?
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Manchester Rambler

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 31 March 08 10:32 BST (UK) »
Link to previous post about this family/

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,289817.0.html

Topics merged

Rambler
ANT: Nesbit, Potts; CHS: Gosling (Hazel Grove/Lymm), Hinton (Lymm), Johnson (Hazel Grove), Marsland (Hazel Grove), Massey (Daresbury), Sorton (Warmingham); LAN: Jackson, James, Potts (Manchester/Salford); MAY: Caulfield, Griffin (Leveelick); SAL: Goodwin, Johnson (Bridgnorth), Gregory (Wellington); STS: Goodwin, Gregory, Johnson (Wolverhampton); Hallett (Trysull); SOM: Dowding, James, Jones (Bath)

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Neesha

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 31 March 08 10:35 BST (UK) »
hey rambler we spoke some time ago nd you sent me the medal card of Danvers h trott... its on the same post..Wanted to know what kind of details would i get on the medal card?

Nee

Offline Neesha

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 31 March 08 10:39 BST (UK) »
hey liz...

The people i was aking about aremy grand mum's family...My dad is in india my grandmother and the people mentioned in the mail were all British...The person i statred the mail with by saying im looking for a Danvers harrington trott...

Well thats the person im actually trying to find...There soesnt seem to be much info that i have other than thathe was in World War 1 and was an acting sergent and that he settled down in India married in India at Bangalore had 6 children whosenames i mentioned and then paased away in Madrs....

I havent been able to find anything more about him so decided to use another approach to try locating the family sto see if they can help me out...

Nee