Author Topic: BUCKLEY  (Read 29482 times)

Offline DavidG02

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: BUCKLEY
« Reply #27 on: Saturday 31 January 15 08:37 GMT (UK) »
In my ex-wifes tree there is an Eliza Buckley married a James Hampshire in Perth Australia Nov 1840.

The Hampshires and Buckleys then spent the next few decades providing each other spouses after moving to South Australia

I have seen a note that George Buckley was Elizas father but haven't confirmed this. I have no indication (as yet) where this lot of Buckleys came from
Genealogy-Its a family thing

Paternal: Gibbins,McNamara, Jenkins, Schumann,  Inwood, Sheehan, Quinlan, Tierney, Cole

Maternal: Munn, Simpson , Brighton, Clayfield, Westmacott, Corbell, Hatherell, Blacksell/Blackstone, Boothey , Muirhead

Son: Bull, Kneebone, Lehmann, Cronin, Fowler, Yates, Biglands, Rix, Carpenter, Pethick, Carrick, Male, London, Jacka, Tilbrook, Scott, Hampshire, Buckley

Brickwalls-   Schumann, Simpson,Westmacott/Wennicot
Scott, Cronin
Gedmatch Kit : T812072

Offline Mandy Roberts

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 28 April 15 09:07 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I've recently discovered that my paternal ancestors came from Saddleworth & I've found my gt.gt,gt  grandfather David Edwards on Censuses living in Lancashire & Cheshire. I've also found a lady I believe to be his sister named Amelia (Milly) Edwards who married Robert Halkerd (Halkard) in 1829 in Rochdale. I am how however struggling to find birth/baptism records for both Edwards. I have also discovered that Amelia & Robert had one son who they named Joseph Buckley Halkard so I'm wondering whether David & Amelia had the original surname of Buckley & perhaps were adopted by William Edwards who was a tailor. This name appears on David's wedding details & there was also a William Edwards living in Delph according to Baines's Directory and Gazetteer Directory of 1822.

Are you able to assist?

Kind regards,

Nick

Post,

Offline jma09

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 02 June 15 08:38 BST (UK) »
Would like to hear from ANYONE with a BUCKLEY (surname) in their tree!! mine were all from the saddleworth/oldham area.This is a wild card but you never know!! Thanks for reading this thread

I have Betty Buckley/Ben Kenworthy m 1835 in Saddleworth, also William Buckley/Betty Garforth m1815 in Saddleworth.  Any link to your tree? 
ALDRIDGE - Chesham Bois & Hawridge BUCKS, Marylebone MDX;   BRAILEY - MDX
GRANT - Jersey, MAHER - Tipperary, MAGUIRE -  Limerick, HEDGES-Heath & Reach BEDS
BELL, HAUGH, MCNEIL - Dalton, Dumfries, SCT;  MURRAY- Ruthwell, Dumfries  "Bellridden"
 CARLYLE - Brydekirk, Limekilns;  MCNEIL - Hoddom
GREIG - Pathhead, SCT
KENWORTHY, BUCKLEY, GARFORT - Saddleworth
BYERS- Bolton, Westmoreland
SUTTON- Stockport, Farnborough, Banbury
BUSWELL - The Bartons, Oxfordshire ; STEVENS- Bicester

Offline mel g

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Saturday 31 October 15 16:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi, my maiden name was BUCKLEY, my dad was born in Blackburn in 1904, his father was GeorgeHenry Buckley born 1871 address given in the 1871 cencus as Bank St Thurlstone, Wortley, Yorkshire.  He was the youngest of 6 children, Mary Ann 1869   Sarah 1868   Clemance A  1856   John 1854  James 1852.   His parents are John 1820 & Rebecca 1830.  We know that John Buckley in the 1861 cencus was a Master Stone Quarrier & employed 4 men ......... hope this is of some help !

Offline Katrina1959

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 02 March 17 14:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I have Buckley's in my ancestry dating back to Sir Richard of Baron Hill Beaumaris Anglesy Wale and beyond, at the present time I am looking for the parents of Edmund Buckley birth about 1656 death about 1729 married to Dorcas Ogden in May 1685.
I would be very happy to hear from anyone if they have gone this far back and may be able to help with information.
Kind regards
Katrina 1959 
Buckley's of Madeley Shropshire, Rochdale, Oldham Cheshire, Bulkeley's of Cheshire and Beaumaris Anglesey Wales Stanton, Turner, Taylor, Peabody. Woodall, Perkin, Wadsworth, Whittaker.

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 02 March 17 16:13 GMT (UK) »
Edmund Buckley of Saddleworth married Dorcas Ogden of Green---- in Oldham - 4 May 1685

Dorcas, wife of Edmund is buried 27 September 1729 in Saddleworth
Edmund Buckley, Yeoman of Deanshaw, is buried 2 October 1729 in Saddleworth

Is this the couple?
Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Remember - "They'll be found when they want to be found" !!!
If you don't ask the question, you won't get an answer.
He/she who never made a mistake, never made anything.
Archbell - anywhere, any date
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Offline Katrina1959

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 02 March 17 16:49 GMT (UK) »
Yes this is the Edmund I am trying to find the Biological parents for .
I have found links to an Edmund Buckley and Jane mores but I am not totally convinced it is them as Edmund has not been a name that has been used in my family lineage so far.

Buckley's of Madeley Shropshire, Rochdale, Oldham Cheshire, Bulkeley's of Cheshire and Beaumaris Anglesey Wales Stanton, Turner, Taylor, Peabody. Woodall, Perkin, Wadsworth, Whittaker.

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 02 March 17 17:21 GMT (UK) »
I can't readily see any baptisms for Dorcas of Edmund within your perceived timescale.

Transcriptions and NBI are merely finding aids.  They are NOT a substitute for original record entries.
Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY

Online BumbleB

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Thursday 02 March 17 17:41 GMT (UK) »
My apologies for this, but I'm a little confused as to how you think that Edmund Buckley, a Yeoman of Saddleworth, might be descended from/connected to Sir Richard Bulkeley/Buckley of Beaumaris 1606-1640. 

At the moment I can't see any connection between Anglesey and the Lancashire/Yorkshire border.

Kendall - WRY
Milner - WRY
Appleyard - WRY